Sculpting tool

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Sculpting tool

Post by mezalick »

Greetings,
I have recently purchased my copy of Aspire and I wait anxiously for its arrival. In the mean time I have been doing my homework with the trial version.
I have a question and a suggestion.
I noticed that in the “Sculpting” option it appears that the tool used is more of a ball end. Is it possible to have a mill end tool to use?
Also, In Aspire as well as Cut3D and Vcarve Pro I did not find an option to have the machine return to home when the program has finished its run ( G Code G28). I this option available or is there some way of adding it other than entering it into the G Code via Notepad as I do now. It would help with the re-zero when running the finished path or when making multiple units of one design.
Thanks,
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Sculpting tool

Post by RoutnAbout »

mezalick wrote:.....Also, In Aspire as well as Cut3D and Vcarve Pro I did not find an option to have the machine return to home when the program has finished its run ( G Code G28). I this option available or is there some way of adding it other than entering it into the G Code via Notepad as I do now. It would help with the re-zero when running the finished path or when making multiple units of one design.
Thanks,
Michael
I've ran several hundreds of toolpaths created with Vcarve Pro and several with Cut3d and a few with Aspire.
I've never had to add code to get the router to come back to X0, Y0
If your having trouble with this, It may be in your post processer. But haven't heard of others having this problem.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Post by dr_when »

My router does not return to home either. I think it's easy to verify if there is a return to home g code at the end of the toolpaths.
Bob

"He's no fun, he fell right over" - Firesign Theatre

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

I think this option in the 'Setup Material' section of the Toolpath Operations menu will allow you to bring the machine home at the end of the program. It provides a text box to key in the X,Y,and Z Home Position of the machine. I hope this helps.
Attachments
AspireHome1.JPG
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

The return to the home position depends on how the post-processor was setup. Most return to the home position but some do not. It is pretty easy to add the required move to the PostP if yours does not have it.

Brian