License Code

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
anxious

License Code

Post by anxious »

I purchased Aspire and need to cut a part tonight. I had looked and found the enter license code option under help, and I got the license info via email, but when I select Enter License Code on the Trial Aspire nothing happens?

Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks
Dave

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Re: License Code

Post by dr_when »

Anyone know what I need to do?
Nothing. The trial version is not a full working version and cannot be activated. Vectric states that the size of the actual release version is much bigger than the trial version and can only be supplied to the end user on DVD. So, to repeat, no activation and you must wait (like me) for your DVD to arrive.

Regards,

Bob
Bob

"He's no fun, he fell right over" - Firesign Theatre

anxious

Post by anxious »

Yikes it should not have an Enter Activation Code option on the Trial Version then. Thats missleading and has cost me several hours of progress on this part.

Dang, back to rebuilding an old PC for my old software to complete the part.

Thanks for the quick response.

Nice Carvings
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hytek Tools Sign Master HT4896

Post by Nice Carvings »

anxious wrote:Yikes it should not have an Enter Activation Code option on the Trial Version then. Thats missleading...
I'll have to agree. Even though I haven't taken the plunge as of yet, the way I understood this was that I would get a license number right after purchase via email or something.

This isn't a deal breaker though, still very interested. :D

anxious

Post by anxious »

Well I guess I'm off to install windows 98, upgrade it to second edition, reload enroute 2.1, recalibrate it's Post Processor for my machine, then re-import the dxf and define the tool paths. Argh... and windows 98 has to load from a floppy grrrr. Looks like an all nighter, hopefully Aspire will come in 5 rather than 10 days, I really have little time left of the holidays and lots to get done.

Oh one quick mention for Vectric: I checked the "save my codes" box several times but it would not let me, perhaps because saving the codes is somewhat pointless when you deliver a DVD. I would like you to rethink the no download issue for purchasers I think the bandwidth is worth it, and I have had DVD's go bad as well and download would provide a quick way to get back up an running rather than having to ship replacement media. Even Netflicks allows you to download full movies online!

Thanks all
Dave

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

I would believe it is a for security issues..

Which in my eyes is a good thing!

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Does It legall to have 2nd DVD copy of the original when 1st one goes bad?
Sound and Sight all for Life
Shopbot PRS96, AXIAcroma128
CS2, CorelX4, FlexiPRO
Cut3D, VCPro, Aspire

Angus_Hines

Post by Angus_Hines »

DITTO, the guys that write this stuff have pulled more than one all nighter trying to get the product out to us.

And on a side note they have fixed this issue. I just downloaded the trial and the link is still in the help menu but when you click it nothing happens.
Greasetattoo wrote:I would believe it is a for security issues..

Which in my eyes is a good thing!

anxious

Post by anxious »

WOW!

THAT WAS FAST!

Take a look at the first post shortly after I purchased Aspire! Friday Dec 5 8:02PM after normal business hours from my end! Today Monday Dec 8 2:00PM the post delivered a plan white cardboard container with the most beautiful Aspire DVD inside.

What more can I say?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You all rock!

Dave