Feature request. Offset milling direction.

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
tahustvedt
Vectric Craftsman

Feature request. Offset milling direction.

Post by tahustvedt »

I want to have the option of choosing if the offset toolpath will work from the outside in or from the inside out. Now I'm limited to working from the inside out.

I mill aluminium mostly and sometimes I need to mill a 3D shape that has thin fins on the outside edges for example, and always climb milling! The problem with Aspire is that if I mill offset milling it starts in the middle and works its way out and fnishes at the weak point of the fins. Another situation which causes problems is if It moves from the inside out and then has to drop several mm down to a fin as it moves beyond the edge of a hub for example and this causs it to dig into the hub because it's no longer climb milling.

The picture shows an example of a job where the problem occurs. When I mill the underside of this fan the blades will not survive. I know I can support the edges of the blades while milling by not milling all the way out but it would be a lot better if I could mill from the outside and inwards instead.

Or am I missing something and Aspire already has this option?
Attachments
df03.jpg

NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Feature request. Offset milling direction.

Post by NSchlee »

Another Request, a Back & Forth option when milling "ON" a vector. Think slotting.

Neal