Problem when using copy then dragging vectors

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
robbec

Problem when using copy then dragging vectors

Post by robbec »

Hi all, I have just started suffering from a very annoying problem when manually nesting parts on a sheet in Aspire.

When I select the original vector, choose copy then drag it to the desired place on the sheet for placement I am quite often getting a program lockup with a popup message that read's "A Required Resource Was OK". the screen goes funny & I loose whatever I have done since the last save (usually not too much bet enough to become annoying). The task bar at the bottom disappears, drop down menus at the top disappear.

I am using XP Pro, 2G ram, core 2 processor etc & have had a look at the event logs but nothing is recorded at the time I have the lockup to give me an indication of what the problem might be. This happens randomly so I cannot pick a pattern as to why/when it happens

It is starting to get me wound up & would like to hear if anyone has the same issue or even a solution.

Cheers

Rob
Attachments
DSCF0595-small.JPG

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Problem when using copy then dragging vectors

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hi robbec,
I haven't had any errors like that.
I created a new drawing,
Created 6 different sized circles that overlapped each other.

Then selected them all,
Held the Cntl button down then grabbed the selected vectors and was able to drag a copy of them to a different spot.
Without letting the Cntl button up, I let go of the vectors with the mouse and then grabbed them again and moved to another spot.
Repeated this 15+ times and never gave me an error.

What was your process of copying?
Would it be possible to upload or your crv3d or a zipped version?
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

robbec

Post by robbec »

Thanks for the reply Don.

This has occured with more than one file, so I am assuming it is not file related.

The method I was using to copy was to select vectors, right click - copy, left click to select vectors again then drag them & rotate to the desired position.

I will try using your method (much easier, have been too busy & lazy to concentrate on learning shortcuts) over the next few days & see what happens.

I am thinking it is more of a hardware/PC issue rather than software.

Cheers

Rob

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

If it happens to prompts you to save the dump file, Say yes and email the dump file to support and the scenario of what led you to that point.
Don't hesitate to ask your questions.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

robbec

Post by robbec »

Don, it has never prompted anything relating to a dump file nor have I ever come accross one on the PC.

Thanks

Rob

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Rob,

What operating system are you running on your PC?

Mark.

robbec

Post by robbec »

Mark, I'm using XP Pro SP3. Core 2 6600 @ 2.4ghz. 2G ram. NVIDEA GeForce 7600 GS

It has done it once today and that was just dragging a selected vector acround the workpiece without copying or duplicating it [like it has done it to me previously this weekend]. Still had the same message 'A Required Resource Was ', but the taskbar stayed visible this time. It is doing this with different files, not always the same one.

I have also noticed that when aspire starts & the aspire logo pops up before the main screen, once the aspire logo goes it leaves the vectric logo on the main screen minus its 'C' from vectric & 'CNC' from the line below it. Probably unrelated.

Let me know if you have any thoughts

Rob

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

This is a complete stab in the dark, but its just that the message doesn't seem to really be an error message at all......it doesn't tell the programmer or user anything about whats going on...."A required resource was.".....Was what? Is it possible that you have a virus/malware designed to crash whatever program is running and show this 'error' ?

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

I did a quick search on google.

And here are a few links..
I don't know if it will fix your problem, but might be worth reading into..

http://forums.kayako.com/f57/required-r ... -ok-11199/
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/t ... tstart=105

I don't think you are alone on this issue.
Good luck, though....

Audiomanics
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Audiomanics »

A resource can be almost anything: a program(think of DLL or OCX etc.) Memory even a registry-entry..
There is a free program "dependency walker" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) that scans a program for its resources etc..
It's a hell of a job, even small programs can use 5000 entries.. only thing to do is find out which entry isn't there anymore.. Maybe discarded by a program as Registry-cleaner, can be.
Not a job for us, mortals...

Maybe you can find something in your eventlog: go to your configuration-panel, select System-management and open Logfiles..double-clicking on one item gives you a brief description..

Kees

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

My son had the same error with Solidworks. He updated the Nvidia graphics drivers and he hasn't had it since.