Aspire Trial - Text

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Aspire Trial - Text

Post by rj_packwin »

I started creating my first trial project today. I imported a bitmap and successfully loaded as a component. I created one ellipse inside of another around the outside of the bitmap. I then created text and was able to curve the text inside of the ellipse.
No matter what I tried I could not convert the text or the ellipse to a component so I could view them in the 3D model.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I have never used Cut3D, Carve, or any other program. This was my first attempt.

Ray

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Re: Aspire Trial - Text

Post by Turtle49 »

It worked for me. Maybe you could run us through how you went about converting the shaped text to a component?

Tim
:D
Attachments
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Ray- Welcome to the forum! First things first- are you making a working model using the "create shape from vectors" button for the ellipse or are you just drawing a ellipse and trying to make a component from it? If your trying to do the latter then do this- Highlight the ellipse so its pink and click on the first icon under modeling tools (it looks like a top view of a circle and a pyramid). Hit the "page down" key on your keyboard to go to split screen. Create a shape using the slider bars while viewing in the 3d tab and when you get the shape looking like you want hit the "create component" button. There is a very good tutorial here: http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... index.html

If you are using the "create shape from vectors" button, then please post your steps of what your doing, and we'll figure it out.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Thanks for the help .... I was able to make it work after following your help.

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Glad I could help! :lol:

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination