Aspire Aspire Aspire... just when I thought I had my sofware

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
anxious

Aspire Aspire Aspire... just when I thought I had my sofware

Post by anxious »

What to do. Several months ago I purchased a table router. It's no longer made but appears to have been a midrange industrial model from the mid to latter 90's. But wait it doesn't matter. I purchased it for something to do in retirement and have been prodded into service a bit early thanks Todd (really it's so much fun!!!!).

I had been checking out software as the enroute 2.1 it came with is not a bad 2.5d cam product, but it's more than 10 years old today. I had pretty much decided on the full VCarve, Cut3d and PhotoVcarve combo then along came Aspire...

What to do now. Can someone elaborate on the +'s and -'s Aspire brings to the table the +$800 is obvious enough I got that right away, and I downloaded the trial, but can't cut the newer demo so just assume worst case it will work as well as Cut3d did, but then I read it isn't able to do the layers so I'm sort of back to an external 3d for anything over 2 inches deep (machine limit).

Are you considering an Aspire Cut3d PhotoVcarve for 2k price or something like that? At that price I'll probably need to make my first product a PhotoVcarve Lithopane of my wedding picture with a fabulous frame and backlighting, but if she smiles even after the 2k check hey it will definitely be worth the upgrade from Jim's 3d Brenda plaque.

But seriously what about those +'s and -'s I'd rather read it here than on the ArcCam or CNCZone forums.

Thanks
Dave

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Aspire Aspire Aspire... just when I thought I had my sofware

Post by mark296 »

I have never cut anything over 2". That is a lot of cutting. I have all of Vectric's software except Cut2d and Aspire can do most of all the software combined except slicing models. The photo carving can be done if you use halftone lines and vcarve them. Aspire does Lithopanes but I have not tried it yet. And you can slice models in other software and import it into Aspire. So Aspire is the way to go.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

mark296 wrote:.....And you can slice models in other software and import it into Aspire. So Aspire is the way to go.
You can export Aspire models in a stl format.
You can load stl files into Cut3D
Cut3D will slice models.

I haven't attempted the slicing any models yet.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

The next release of Aspire (which will be free to anyone who has purchased Aspire as part of the free 12 months after purchase upgrades policy) will include support for slicing.

Therefore, if people are considering buying Aspire + Cut3D purely for the slicing abilities of Cut3D I would recommend not purchasing Cut3D along with Aspire at the moment as the slicing ability will be coming to Aspire.

However, there are other features in Cut3D such as automated 2 sided machining and 4 sided machining, very quick workflow for 3d machining etc. that may make people still consider purchasing Cut3D alongside Aspire, but again the best approach may be to purchase Aspire and then see if it meets all your needs before purchasing Cut3D.

Hope that makes sense

Brian

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mark296 »

I forgot about the automated 2 sided machining and 4 sided machining. Guess I don't use that option much.

irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Brian , would it be good if you mentioned the features slated for Version 2 of Aspire,

I know Aspire will soon overcome AC in features - I already like the demo version the look and screen layout makes it more comfortable than the AC screenlayout - just as the features keep increasing I am looking Aspire moving ahead of AC,

Brain - I have a req for your V2 , In solidworks when I zoom in and zoom out using the scroll on my mouse it zoom's in and out about the mouse cursor - can it done for Aspire - you know its a lot of help - also what about the scissor feature its very handy while editing the vectors in AC, I know I can use the edit nodes and then cut the vector about a node - but its very simple with the trim.

there will be so much more - if you can list what coming for V2 will be very happy.

RGDS
IRfan

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

irfanulla wrote:Brian , would it be good if you mentioned the features slated for Version 2 of Aspire,

I know Aspire will soon overcome AC in features - I already like the demo version the look and screen layout makes it more comfortable than the AC screenlayout - just as the features keep increasing I am looking Aspire moving ahead of AC,

Brain - I have a req for your V2 , In solidworks when I zoom in and zoom out using the scroll on my mouse it zoom's in and out about the mouse cursor - can it done for Aspire - you know its a lot of help - also what about the scissor feature its very handy while editing the vectors in AC, I know I can use the edit nodes and then cut the vector about a node - but its very simple with the trim.

there will be so much more - if you can list what coming for V2 will be very happy.

RGDS
IRfan
Hi Irfan,

As Tony has mentioned in a reply to one of your other posts, we don't generally list features which are due in the next version of the software. We prefer to wait untill the features are implemented and available for people instead of promoting the products on the basis of 'what may be coming'.

We know this approach may cost us some sales, but we prefer to take that risk rather than have people misunderstanding what a particular future feature will do, or being disappointed/frustrated if we fail to meet a particular timeframe for implementing a feature. We want people to be happy purchasing the products based on the feature set that is available to them when they purchase. We have mentioned the slicing due in the next version of Aspire mainly because we don't want people to buy Cut3D now solely for this purpose and then be dissapointed when the slicing fuctionality is incorporated in the next version of Aspire.

On the zoom, I have to say I prefer the way VCP / Aspire works currently. By panning using the centre mouse button or left+right mouse buttons it is very quick to centre the area you want to zoom in on. I realise this is a personal preference but we have no current plans to change this behavior.

Brian

irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Thanks Bryan,

I expected this answer :) but I should say - you folks are doing a good job.

RGDS
Irfan

irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Brian I tried your method its pretty goo for panning. Thanks

RGDS
IRfan

anxious

Post by anxious »

Being brand new to this CNC router business, I've accumulated enough checks to cover 1/3 of Aspire, the rest will doubtless come in before years end, not too bad for a business that isn't supposed to be a business for a couple more years. But I am so grateful, I've learned so much in the past couple of weeks sometimes a nudge is a great thing!

I also have to admit I have been pleasantly surprised that brand new software can create effective toolpath files for my mid 90's machine which uses an HPGL extension language. Speaking of which, if your collecting upgrade reqeusts for your Post Processor driver, I would love the arc abilites to add degree's + or - such that I can create the command cut from current point with center CX, CY for + - degree's (where + is clockwise and - is counter clockwise. so 360 would be a full circle 180 a half circle).

Ok I am really getting excited, that 3d slicing was the only reason for me to hold out, I hadn't explored the 2 and 4 sided machining options which I'm sure are very cool, but I suspect with the loads of Aspire options by the time I'm ready to take advantage of 2 and 4 sided machining, the price of Cut3d won't slow me down.

Heck I'm just looking forward to figuring out how Khalid did those very cool curtains what creativity! Back to the basics for now and thank you so much for help me plan for next month and beyond!

Dave