Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purcha

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
jrj5x5
Vectric Craftsman

Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purcha

Post by jrj5x5 »

Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purchase.
I cannot seem to be able to open the files with cut3d is this as intended, or is it something on my end?

I have printed two of the files without altering the files other than to resize them and choose bits.
As you can see in the attached photos the carved version of the files have some sort of picture frame in the foreground, I did not see this in any of the preview renderings. Is this as intended ,or is it on my end, and if it is on my end do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Attachments
100_3242.JPG
100_3241.JPG
CAMaster
Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0 & Adobe cs2
Vcarve pro, Photocarve, Cut3D, Aspire

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purcha

Post by BrianM »

jrj5x5 wrote:Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purchase.
I cannot seem to be able to open the files with cut3d is this as intended, or is it something on my end?
Hi Jrj5x5,

The 3d files supplied with Aspire are in an Aspire format and can't be opened directly with Cut3D. You could export the model as an STL file from Aspire, but there is no need to use Cut3D to cut the models as Aspire offers a lot more flexibility.

The results from your photos seem very strange, would it be possible to contact support at vectric so that we can take a look at the file. Are you sure the roughing tool you used is the same as the one the toolpath was programmed for?

Brian

jrj5x5
Vectric Craftsman

Post by jrj5x5 »

BrianM wrote:
jrj5x5 wrote:Questions about the 3d files that came with my aspire purchase.
Hi Jrj5x5,

The 3d files supplied with Aspire are in an Aspire format and can't be opened directly with Cut3D. You could export the model as an STL file from Aspire, but there is no need to use Cut3D to cut the models as Aspire offers a lot more flexibility.

The results from your photos seem very strange, would it be possible to contact support at vectric so that we can take a look at the file. Are you sure the roughing tool you used is the same as the one the toolpath was programmed for?

Brian
Thanks for the quick response. The strange lines in the carving look just like a picture frame. Prefect 90 degree Corners and all. Yes, I used the correct bit for the file I saved, ¼ end mill for the rough and ¼ ball nose for the finish. I can post the tap file if you would like.
I will try to contact vertric support and see if they can tell me what I am doing wrong.
CAMaster
Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0 & Adobe cs2
Vcarve pro, Photocarve, Cut3D, Aspire

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi
If I saw that coming off my shpobot I would think I was losing steps or the part was moving on the roughing pass.
Dan
People go though many trials and tribulations. Some of them actually happened.

Noogies

Post by Noogies »

I had a similar thing happen on my CNC. There were cuttings landing on the rails, and when the axis rolled over them, the router would change height slightly. New chips made new lines. Now I have thin little plastic scrapers in front of the bearings that roll on the rails to act like snow plows keeping the rails and bearings free of debris. It looks exactly like what you have in your pictures if you do offset cutting instead of raster cutting.