Off-topic Question about PM

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
zillie

Off-topic Question about PM

Post by zillie »

Hello.
I wrote an answer to a PM sent to me and clicked "Submit".
Now i see this mail in my Outbox and not in "Sent messages".
Question: Has this mail been sent? If not, how to get it out and have it appear in "Sent messages?
I sent this question to the admin and did not get an answer. Now i also see it in my outbox, so i assume, he did not receive it.

Tks.
Zillie

"Thats funny, yesterday it still worked .....!#!?!"

joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Re: Off-topic Question about PM

Post by joecnc2006 »

zillie wrote:Hello.
I wrote an answer to a PM sent to me and clicked "Submit".
Now i see this mail in my Outbox and not in "Sent messages".
Question: Has this mail been sent? If not, how to get it out and have it appear in "Sent messages?
I sent this question to the admin and did not get an answer. Now i also see it in my outbox, so i assume, he did not receive it.

Tks.
Zillie
its a feature of PPB, it does the same thing on my forum, it will go away afetr you log out and log back in at a later date, and yes it does send when you hit the send button, just shows in the outbox still.

Joe

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Post by Turtle49 »

In PHPBB the PM's will stay in the outbox until the recipient reads them. Then they are moved over to the sent folder.

PM's are not the same as e-mail. An e-mail notification is sent when the PM goes into your outbox. But the PM itself waits there to be read by the recipient.

Hope this helps,
Tim
:D
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

zillie

Post by zillie »

Tks a lot, that surely helps.

Zillie

"Thats funny, yesterday it still worked .....!#!?!"

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Zillie,

I got an email saying I had a pm from you but when I went to my inbox there was nothing there. To be honest if you have queries you are better off sending them to support at vectric rather than using the p.m system.

Brian

NormW
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot prt 96x48

Post by NormW »

I too am having a problem getting answers to my questions and I think I have sent them to the support team. I did it by clicking on the link to support and then their editor opened up and I typed in my question and hit send? never heard back , I even added my return e-mail. I will admit it seems that the team monitors this forum very good and I can usually find an answer in here. I just wonder waht is happening with my e-mails?

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Norm,

I have never received an email from your email address.
It might be better for you just to use your email client to send me a mail
rather than clicking on a link, as I am not sure what is happening to your emails.

Cheers,
Mark.

NormW

Post by NormW »

Mark: I don't know why either. I am sending them to this link right from the vectric site? mail to support@vectric.com Thanks for your reply though.

harryball
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT Alpha

Post by harryball »

The links I see for support@vectric.com are simple mailto: links. These links open YOUR email editor, not something that vectric provides. If you click this link and you don't recognize the window that opens as your normal email editor then it is possible you do not have your default mail client (the one that handles these links) setup. This can happen if you have outlook express but installed and use Thunderbird for example. Outlook express will open, let you type away and click send but the email message will sit in the unconfigured outbox forever without so much as a peep.

You can check this in Tools - Internet options, Programs tab, Set Programs from your MSIE browser. With Vista it will eventually take you to a default program configuration window. Select the email program you prefer to use and set it as the default. Then when you click on mailto: links it should open in your preferred email client.

Hope that helps someone.

/RB
Robert
http://www.habitatforbats.org
Give a Bat a Home!

NormW

Post by NormW »

Bet you are right I just thought this was vectrics e-mail editor and I never gave it much thought when I hit the send button. From now on I will send from my own e-mail editor. Thanks again. I learn so much in here!