Quick question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Greg

Quick question

Post by Greg »

I have the 3d animal collection if I purchase aspire will I be able to add to or change any of the 3d models

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Quick question

Post by JamesB »

Hi Greg,

yes you will be able to do what you describe. Aspire can import the V3M or STL models from the disk (I would recommend V3M) and they will become components. These can be edited as a whole object (scale, depth edit, stretch, tilt, fade and all the other stuff you can do to a Component). You can also load multiple animals into a single design. Once you have a model imported as a Component it can also be copied into the Working Model where you can use the modelling tools to add additonal shapes, remove areas or use the sculpting tools to edit them. Download the trial version and try it out for yourself!

Cheers,
James

Greg

Post by Greg »

James, thanks for replying. But I guess I didnt explain myself well enough, I did down load trial version what My question is can I take one of the models and take from them. Like back ground trees, mountains ect. and add more of the animals into the model. For example maybe the moose scene panel could I keep the back ground remove the moose and add a herd of elk? and be able to minipulate it to a mantel scene.

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Post by Turtle49 »

To answer your question Greg, yes. It can be done, it may take a little time depending on what you would like to do, but it can be done.
The question may be, does the license agreement from VectorArt3D allow you too.

Tim
:D
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Turtle49 wrote:To answer your question Greg, yes. It can be done, it may take a little time depending on what you would like to do, but it can be done.
The question may be, does the license agreement from VectorArt3D allow you too.

Tim
:D

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Like Tim said you can do almost anything with the models, in some cases it will be more tricky than others to get the part you need but everything you listed you can do. Also as Tim said it may be pretty involved and will require a good working knowledge of the software (IMHO). For instance in the scenes a particular tree or animal will not be a component you can select on its own. You would need to copy the model into the Working Model then draw around the piece you wanted (in the 2D view) and get rid of everything outside the vector. From there you would probably have additonal sculpting or modelling to get a new component - but definitely doable. Bringing together multiple animals etc. is more straight forward.

With regard to whether the license allows you to do this or not - it certainly DOES allow you to. This is one of the reasons I think Aspire is so great for our clipart because there is so many variations you can make from something like the Animal Collection (especially if you have a few scenary trees etc.). The license allows unlimited editing and then carving of any of our models. What the license does prohibit is re-selling or giving away the artwork in electronic form (in any format) even if its heavily modified and/or making a production device like a mold or die from it. I hope to re-write the license before Christmas so its a lot clearer as I know it is heavy on lawyer jargon at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
James