Creating Layers - VCP / Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Switcher

Creating Layers - VCP / Aspire

Post by Switcher »

Something I really like in VCP that I don't think is working in Aspire, is that when I'm working on a project I use a lot of layers, I don't use the buttons in the Drawing pane (much) for layers. I highlight the vectors that I want to put on a new layer, then use the right click context menu to get the "Move to Layer/New Layer..." prompt, then change the color of the new layer (makes it easier to see what I'm working on). :wink:

In VCP after the new layer is created the dropdown menu that shows all the layers in the Drawing pane will always advance to the new layer, I havn't found a way to get this to work in Aspire.

Any ideas?

Thanks for a GREAT product!

Switcher
Free DXF Files - www.myDXF.blogspot.com

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Re: Creating Layers - VCP / Aspire

Post by Greolt »

Switcher have you looked at the "Layer Control" which is on a fly out window.

It might not work exactly like in VCP but once you get used to it you will most likely love it.

Greg

EDIT: Had another look at the specific new layer behaviour you mentioned.

Maybe that is something that the Vectric boys could look at for the next update.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

The layer behaviour for Aspire was changed, because the feedback we had received was that most people use the pop up menu for organising their work by moving off the vectors they had finished working with and were annoyed that the active layer kept changing!

A new option in Aspire is to make the new layer invisible when it is created which is very handy when clearing up a cluttered drawing as vectors that arent needed yet can be moved to a new invisible layer in one operation.

For the next version I'll look at adding a checkbox to optionally allow the new layer to be made the active layer.

Brian

Switcher

Post by Switcher »

Thanks, Brian

I would have thought that most folks would want the dropdown list of layers to advance to the new layer, anytime I have ever moved a vector to a new layer, that vector is what I'm working on at that specific time.

Adding a checkbox option for the new active layer, sounds great to me, Thanks. :)

Switcher

Switcher

Post by Switcher »

Brian,

Another thought, If you do add the checkbox in future versions, could you make the program save that setting when the program is closed?

Thanks,

Switcher