Dual Monitors

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
BR928S4

Dual Monitors

Post by BR928S4 »

Since Aspire uses a split screen for the 2D and 3D displays, is it possible to use two monitors? Displaying 2D on one and 3D on the other. Assuming of course that two video cards are installed.

The older I get the more I appreciate a larger work area.

Stan

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Dual Monitors

Post by CRFultz »

BR928S4 wrote:Since Aspire uses a split screen for the 2D and 3D displays, is it possible to use two monitors? Displaying 2D on one and 3D on the other. Assuming of course that two video cards are installed.

The older I get the more I appreciate a larger work area.

Stan
Stan you can use two moniters, but Aspire does not support two. You can widen your screen to span the two but the software does not know there are two moniters present.

Pilotfromdk
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: The Green Concrete Monster +2000Kg

Post by Pilotfromdk »

Hi

Looking 90 seconds into the video at http://vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspi ... tures.html
it seems to me it is possible to split the screen and drag fx the modeling window to your second screen 8)

I have not got my copy yet (but i'm waiting for the postman to bring it to me :D ) And i'm hoping I am right because I also have a dual screen setup
Regards
Borge

Homepage: www.WoodSign.dk
FaceBook : https://fb.me/woodsign.dk

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

You can stretch the main Aspire window across your two monitors and arrange it so that the 2d view is on one monitor and the 3d view is on the other.

Brian

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

I use a dual screen setup and personally I find that it is ideal to keep the software on one screen (with the 2D and 3D windows tiled so I can see both views). Then I drag the Component manager and level manager windows onto my other screen and also use that to have reference images showing or my original artwork that the design is based on. You can also have a windows-explorer window too if you want to help see what files you have saved. For me that is the true value of the dual monitor setup.

One cool thing is that Aspire does take advantage of multiple processors, so the more cores you have the faster it will calculate :)

cheers,
James

Pilotfromdk
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: The Green Concrete Monster +2000Kg

Post by Pilotfromdk »

HI

After stretching the main Aspire window across the two monitors and arrangeing everything as i like it, will Aspire then remember it the next time i start up the program?
Or do i have to rearrange it all again, like when i pin the toolpath slider in VCP and restart the program, then I'll have to pin it again ?

Just wondering while I'm waiting for my DVD :D
Regards
Borge

Homepage: www.WoodSign.dk
FaceBook : https://fb.me/woodsign.dk

tamathumper
Vectric Craftsman

Post by tamathumper »

Glad to see that bugs somebody else!

Can we PLEASE PLEASE have a persistent "pin" of the toolpath pane? :D :?: :mrgreen:
CNC: www.bitcarving.com; Hybrid 4x4, RockCliff, Mach3, Vectric Aspire 2 + Wildlife Scenes 1.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

I have dual cores! WOOHOO! :D