inch to mm not all ?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Aussie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Robotics Model 8

inch to mm not all ?

Post by Aussie »

Hi all,

When changing the job setup from inches to mm, the material size and toolpaths are updated as expected.
However the conversion in the modelling tab is not updated..... any idea why this happens?
Attachments
comp prop inch.JPG
comp prop mm.JPG
Ron
Crafers Crafts

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: inch to mm not all ?

Post by Adrian »

There are a few places where the previous measurements are not converted. It's just the way the software works, you need to enter new figures yourself.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Aussie wrote:Hi all,

When changing the job setup from inches to mm, the material size and toolpaths are updated as expected.
However the conversion in the modelling tab is not updated..... any idea why this happens?
Have you closed the 'Component properties' form after changing units and opened it up again? Which version of software are you using?

Greg K

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Apologies. I assumed it was the same as things like nesting, offsets etc which trip me up all the time being literal "conversions" rather than real conversions. I should have checked.

The only way I can replicate that is the same way that Greg suggests by leaving the Component Properties form open while switching the units in job setup.

Aussie
Vectric Wizard

Post by Aussie »

I am using Aspire ver 10.019
If I change the inches to mm in setup and then save the file, close Aspire and then start again, then load the saved file the modelling tab properties shows mm but the value is still in inches as per the images I attached in my first post.
Ron
Crafers Crafts

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

I've tried this several times and I'm struggling to reproduce it. Could you send your file in inches and another one in mm to support@vectric.com please?

Greg K

Aussie
Vectric Wizard

Post by Aussie »

gregk wrote:I've tried this several times and I'm struggling to reproduce it. Could you send your file in inches and another one in mm to support@vectric.com please?

Greg K
Hi Greg,
Will do.... The file is part of a Michael Tyler project and the first time I have used an imperial file, other than changing the job set up from inches to mm I have nothing else to the file.
As I am new to the software its probably something I did or didn't do.

I would appreciate if you could tell me once you have solved my issue.

Thanks
Ron
Ron
Crafers Crafts