Help closing a vector

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
pknvectric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra & StingerI

Help closing a vector

Post by pknvectric »

This vector (on the left) appears to be a single, closed vector but it is not...

This seems to happen to me on a fairly regular basis and I typically just manually (slowly and painfully) draw a line around the perimeter of my vector and delete the original vector which refuses to CLOSE. But this isn't an easy option when I have fillets on corners. (I usually remove the fillets, draw the straight lines to close the vector and then add them back after creating the new vector.)

Could someone take a look at this and tell me why I cannot CLOSE VECTORS on left vector? (This is after I added a corner rectangle and then used the SCISSORS to cut away some material. Then added fillets.)

Any suggestions?
Attachments
BFS_16 VectricForum.crv3d
(92.5 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Help closing a vector

Post by Adrian »

Run the Vector Validator on it and you'll see the issue. You can also see it by selecting it and looking at the dashed magenta lines. The vector is going back over itself so you'll need to take it back to one continuous vector.
Last edited by Adrian on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Help closing a vector

Post by highpockets »

The vector on the left overlaps it's self, try using the Vector Validator.
If you use the Close Vector with a straight line you'll see where the start and end nodes are.
Attachments
Image 608.png
Image 609.png
John
Maker of Chips