Deleting Waste Material Issues

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
SuperDave
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Techno Isel 4896 Plus - Servo

Deleting Waste Material Issues

Post by SuperDave »

I have a project that requires four 4'x8' panels to be tiled on the wall and another four on the ceiling.

I am running the toolpaths to create a rendering for the client to see that the panels will butt together to create a seamless transition. However, when I try to delete the waste material, it would also delete a random panel. . . a different one each time I tried. The it started to delete two panels. . . and finally it's degraded to the point it will not delete anything, and popped up a warning that it was because I was using TABS - which I am not!

No profiles are overlapping. . . I am running v9.519 - Upgrading to v10 for $400 is not a solution to something that should be working in v9.519

This is a basic function that should work but isn't. I have restarted the software several times. A search yielded a ton of returns dating back to 2010 and I do not have the desire to wade through 9 years of files to find an answer. I have emailed Support and am waiting for a reply. In the interim, if anyone has any insights, I would appreciate it. I have about 24 hours to get the rendering and quote to the client. . .

Dave
Attachments
Waste.pdf
(305.54 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
"Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it."

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: Deleting Waste Material Issues

Post by mezalick »

Dave,
An issue like this came up before and it was found to be the viewing quality and the size of the perimeter cut.
The solution was to increase the quality of the Preview Simulation or increase the size of the profile cut.

I hope this helps.
Michael
Attachments
Preview Quality.JPG
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

Will Williamson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Thermwood CS-45 5 x 10

Post by Will Williamson »

I ran into the same issue, this morning, with a 4 x 8 sheet, but it was not important.
For me, to pursue it
Will Williamson willmade.com
Williamson Lumber & Millwork Inc.
Capac, Michigan

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Let me also add that if you don't cut completely thru the material in the Preview, you can't delete the "waste".
~M
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com