Laguna IQ Pro/ATC Post processor not recognized in 10?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
LDBecker
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ Pro 2’x4’ 12”

Laguna IQ Pro/ATC Post processor not recognized in 10?

Post by LDBecker »

Hi, Not sure what to do - I have been using the Laguna-provided post processor, Laguna IQ ATC.pp Post Processor in Aspire 9.5, but when I try to install it in 10, it isn't recognized. When I put it in my My_PostP folder, it shows up there to be installed, but it won't install. When I moved all of the other processors from the PostP folder EXCEPT the Laguna IQ ATC.pp file, the message I get is that there are no post processors there. Here's the link to the page that Laguna has its post processor files on: https://lagunatools.com/resources/machi ... are-posts/

Am I missing a step here? I also tried Migrate from Older Version under the Help menu.

Did the upgrade from 9.5 to 10 change something in the postprocessor file requirements?

Confused in Los Angeles (for this and many other reasons!)

Thanks,
Larry Becker

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Laguna IQ Pro/ATC Post processor not recognized in 10?

Post by Adrian »

Very odd. It's something to do with the actual file name. I couldn't get it to show up either but as soon as I changed the filename (I changed it to Adrian.PP) it appeared in the list no problem.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Larry,

It looks like the post processor files may have been inadvertently remained with an uppercase file extension.
If you rename any post processor that you are unable to see, to have a lowercase .pp file extension.

You should see the post processor appear within the list, (following a re-start of the software).

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

LDBecker
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ Pro 2’x4’ 12”

Post by LDBecker »

Thanks, Mark,

That sort of worked - I changed the extension in the PostP and My_PostP file folders, restarted Aspire 10, and when I tried to install the processor, it said there was already one with that name, and then that it couldn't install it. It did let me select it in the toolpath setup, and it seemed to work ok with the different tools I had set up. I think I'm back in business.

Looking forward to getting to know 10.0 - I'm pretty new at this, and still struggling with several things, but getting along.

Thanks!

Larry

woodenfred
Model of CNC Machine: CNT Motion ATC, formerly Shopbot Buddy

Post by woodenfred »

If you duplicate a post processor file, you have to change the name of the file on the "POST_NAME" line inside the file as well. Otherwise you get an error message whenever you start up Aspire