Super confused v10 download

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Super confused v10 download

Post by wcarrothers »

Ok.. The email I got says log in to down load the free upgrade to V10

When I get to the portal it says the regular 400.00 upgrade cost..

I have forgotten where I am in the rotation / free vs pay at the moment ..

But typically in the past when you were in the rotation to pay for the upgrade vs getting the next free
the email actually said cost rather then free.

Anyway just want to understand or point out you should format 2 sets of emails depending on where a given user is in the rotation.

b.

fishking
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Routerparts Pro 4x8

Re: Super confused v10 download

Post by fishking »

wcarrothers wrote:Ok.. The email I got says log in to down load the free upgrade to V10

When I get to the portal it says the regular 400.00 upgrade cost..

I have forgotten where I am in the rotation / free vs pay at the moment ..

But typically in the past when you were in the rotation to pay for the upgrade vs getting the next free
the email actually said cost rather then free.

Anyway just want to understand or point out you should format 2 sets of emails depending on where a given user is in the rotation.

b.
I am confused with that as well

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Please send an email to support@vectric.com to get this issue looked at.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

Eventually I will email them. Typically I'm not one to jump onto a new version right off the bat and have not really been paying attention to the V10 improvements.

Just in the past the emails were more clear in that if you were in the free upgrade cycle, you didn't get a free upgrade email but rather a please consider upgrading (or something like that) email.

b.

backyard_cnc
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT, LIGHTMACHINES MILL, AJAXCNC-KNE

Post by backyard_cnc »

I got the same kind of email inviting me to download my FREE upgrade to V10, boy was I excited and I quickly logged in to do just that only to be prompted to pay the upgrade fee! I went from Elation to deflation in a heartbeat :cry:

Sorry boys and girls but the email team dropped the ball on this rollout!

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

Looks like the last time I paid the upgrade was 2017 far as my records go. So guessing 9 was my paid and 9.5 was my free as it goes for me...

Still they should sort the emails between the 2. I believe they did separate them in the past..

b

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi wcarrothers,

We did have separate emails but it looks as though some people got sent a free email when they should have been sent a paid email. We are very sorry to those people who thought they might get a free upgrade andunfortunately had to pay for one. We will try our best to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention,
Adam

spinningwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Taig Mill and Self Built Routers

Post by spinningwood »

I got an email for a paid upgrade from Aspire 9.5 to Aspire 10.

I also got an email for a free upgrade from VCarve 5.5 to VCarve Pro 10. The problem is that VCarve Pro 10 is only mentioned in the full email subject field. In my email program I only see the first part of the subject and I rarely look at the full subject text when I open the email. In my email list all I see on the VCarve message is "Your free upgrade to vectric..." . In the body of the email it just refers to version 10, so I can see someone getting confused and thinking it was about Aspire instead of VCarve.

But this raises another question. I upgraded from VCarve to Aspire years ago (version 2 or 3 of aspire???). I didn't even know I still owned a VCarve license and even if I did, why would I be offered a free upgrade to 10? Something seems to have gone wrong on the Vectric business side of things. Hopefully the business office is sufficiently far from where the software developers work their magic to avoid any risk of contagion.

Ed