This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

10 install

Post by ohiolyons »

Install of version went flawlessly

Manual still not available to print on paper or pdf

Option to select my own "free" artwork and a discount on the rest OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Re: 10 install

Post by mohamed »

There is a page page with almost all of the documentation available at https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V10.0/Asp ... ingle-page
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's important to note that there is contextual help available in V10. If you click the ? at the top of whichever tab you're on it will take you to an overview page with interactive screen shots or, if you have a tool open, directly to the help for that tool.

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by ohiolyons »

I saw the video that showed contextual help and it is a nice feature.

I would just like the option to have a pdf manual that I can print if so desired.

MOST IMPORTANTLY one I can search for key words, one I can search without using the program.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can search using the search commands in whatever browser you're using. For most it's Ctrl-F. The Help isn't displayed in Aspire it's displayed in your default web browser.

There was a PDF manual with all previous versions. Not sure if that option is now gone or not but the single page link would be printable from your web browser. Bear in mind though that as the documentation is online any printed copy would be quickly out of date as features change and errors are corrected.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Problem comes when you have no online access though Adrian,I have a remote workshop & to keep cost down I have no phone line there so no online access, tried linking my phone to laptop but the workshop must be in a big hole as moile reception is pretty bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I am working from home no problem what so ever but if I am at the workshop printed help is all I can really access.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

The software is bundled with an offline copy of the reference manual. If you try to open it from the software, the software will try the online version first since it will always be most up-to-date. If that fails due to no internet connection, etc. it will go to the local offline version instead.
So even on the shop computer you should still be able to access it.

I hope that helps.

Greg K

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

gregk wrote:The software is bundled with an offline copy of the reference manual. If you try to open it from the software, the software will try the online version first since it will always be most up-to-date. If that fails due to no internet connection, etc. it will go to the local offline version instead.
So even on the shop computer you should still be able to access it.

I hope that helps.

Greg K
I will try that Greg, thought I had tried before & just got the usual browser message that the page I was trying to access was unavailable :lol: :lol:
Maybe I am just old & thought I had tried :oops: :oops: