Aspire Version 10 is available now!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Re: Aspire Version 10 is available now!

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Adrian wrote:There's never been a mention of Aspire being available as a Mac program from anyone from Vectric as far as I can remember.
It's very much needed. Many of us moved to the MUCH more stable MacOS environment a long time ago and while we can certainly continue to work with Windows in a VM, a native version of what is a premier application like Aspire/VCP for MacOS would make things a lot more efficient and likely help with things like the extra sensitivity that the rodent has with Vectric software running in Windows on a VM. The only Windows computer I own is the control computer for my Camaster CNC. I'm not alone out here, either. Several of us at McGrew's event last year were sitting there with Macbooks...just ask Beki. :)

Companies like Adobe and Microsoft are OS agnostic with their applications at this point... ;)

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Jim_in_PA wrote:
Adrian wrote:There's never been a mention of Aspire being available as a Mac program from anyone from Vectric as far as I can remember.
It's very much needed. Many of us moved to the MUCH more stable MacOS environment a long time ago and while we can certainly continue to work with Windows in a VM, a native version of what is a premier application like Aspire/VCP for MacOS would make things a lot more efficient and likely help with things like the extra sensitivity that the rodent has with Vectric software running in Windows on a VM. The only Windows computer I own is the control computer for my Camaster CNC. I'm not alone out here, either. Several of us at McGrew's event last year were sitting there with Macbooks...just ask Beki. :)

Companies like Adobe and Microsoft are OS agnostic with their applications at this point... ;)

From Wikipedia....

In the area of desktop and laptop computers, Microsoft Windows is generally above 70% in most markets and at 78% globally, Apple's macOS at around 14%, Google's ChromeOS at about 3% (in North America) and Linux at around 2%. All these figures vary somewhat in different markets, and depending on how they are gathered.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Jim_in_PA wrote:

I can't speak for Vectric but a niche of a niche is rarely a profitable place to be. When I was in the software business Mac use was about 10% of the market and it just didn't make any financial sense for us to devote the development and support resources for that. Different ball game when you've got the resources of Adobe and Microsoft.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I kind of hope that Vectric doesn't develop a Mac version. In the past, almost every program that I've seen that develops versions for both platforms has degraded into instability. There usually isn't enough money in the market for dual development and corners are cut on both sides. That usually leads to poor and/or degraded performance. My preference would be to use the money on one or the other and make it as good as possible.
Steve

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Of course, there are development tools/environments that exist today that handle the cross platform stuff nearly automagically... :) Neither here nor there...some of us can at least wish for it!

kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Post by kyeakel »

Is there a time limit on the $400 price to upgrade? I'd like to wait till January before taking advantage of the upgrade price.
Thanks,
Kipp
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Is there a time limit on the $400 price to upgrade?
Typically there is no time limit. Look for the Version Upgrade Pricing on this page: ->Link
Disclaimer: I'm not a Vectric employee, nor do I play one on TV
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

I am sure that I am missing it, but when adding components they seem to be faded. is there a way to change that?

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Not sure if this helps, but you can try selecting the component, then right-click to display a pop-menu.

You should see the menu item “Properties”. Click on that.

Now you should see a window with a slider that adjusts the Fade visibility from light to darker. It’s basically a contrast function. Adjust as required.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

although that makes sense I do not see fade visibility

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

COWBOY1296 wrote:although that makes sense I do not see fade visibility
Right click on a selected component in the 2D window, select object properties, adjust bitmap fading with the slider.

IloveVectric
Model of CNC Machine: Mach3 compatible

Post by IloveVectric »

I know I am late to this thread.. but as a hobbyist, I bought Aspire version 4, and I have never upgraded since.
So don't feel compelled to upgrade if you are a hobbyist and money is tight. Version 4 does everything that I need it to do, I read through the "new features" every release.. there are some cool stuff and time savers but I have yet to find anything that I really needed. Of course, for someone that earns money from CNC, it's well worth the upgrade.