COMING SOON - ASPIRE VERSION 10

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

COMING SOON - ASPIRE VERSION 10

Post by Stephanie Downing »

We're thrilled to give you a sneak peek into some of the NEW and improved features coming up very soon in version 10 :D

NODE EDITING ENHANCEMENTS
Version 10 adds the ability for node editing to be performed on multiple vectors at the same time as well as allowing you to transform vectors directly from the span itself by dragging individual spans to change their shape in the case of arcs and Beziers.
Where you have two open vectors, you can select the end points of each vector and join them together whilst remaining in node edit mode using the right click menu, join them with a straight line, a curve or the mid point between the two.

WELDING TEXT
The welding tool includes the welding of text objects all at the click of a button! Which is perfect for overlapping style fonts.
Simply select your text, use the weld option where it will keep all of the internal regions of the text characters. You also have the option to keep or replace the original text object.

TOOL DATABASE OVERHAUL
Do you use the same tool, but want different speeds and feeds for different materials? You can now adjust the parameters based on the material you're using. Once your materials are set up and you are ready to machine, you can filter the tools so that you only see the ones that are compatible with the material you're using.
Use the new tool naming mechanism to consistently name your tools. Ensuring that the tool name always matches the tool dimensions. It even supports displaying inch tools correctly.

LEVEL CLIPPING
Makes it easy to constrain the model you are creating to a chosen boundary. Rearrange your components and see the results of clipping live as you work.

ENHANCED SCULPTING
Version 10 has the added option to overlay a bitmap image over the component you are sculpting, this is perfect for when you are sculpting areas that require you to refer to the original image you are working from to help you get the model to a finished state, for example faces and animals.

Watch out for more announcements of version 10 updates coming soon!! :D

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: COMING SOON - ASPIRE VERSION 10

Post by dwilli9013 »

Love, Love Loving it. What an awesome company. Vectric never ceases to amaze. Any hints of costing model to upgrade??? Say from 9.518.
Thanks for all you do folks. Makes my side hustle so much more enjoyable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

dwilli9013 wrote:Love, Love Loving it. What an awesome company. Vectric never ceases to amaze. Any hints of costing model to upgrade??? Say from 9.518.
Thanks for all you do folks. Makes my side hustle so much more enjoyable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi dwilli9013,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

The cost to upgrade from a previous version of Aspire to version 10 when it is released is $400. This is regardless of the version you are upgrading from :)

If you have upgraded to Aspire 9.5 in the three months running up to the release of version 10 or if you have purchased version 9.5 from new in the last 12 months you will receive version 10 for free.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day :D

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Stephanie, I upgraded from VCP to Aspire in January for $1300US. Does that count as buying Aspire or just upgrading relative to the cost for moving to V10?

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Jim_in_PA wrote:Stephanie, I upgraded from VCP to Aspire in January for $1300US. Does that count as buying Aspire or just upgrading relative to the cost for moving to V10?
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your comment.

I can confirm product upgrades do count as new purchases in terms of upgrade pricing. As you have upgraded to Aspire from VCarve Pro within 12 months of the release you will receive version 10 free of charge.

Free upgrades are automatically credited to your V&Co account on the day of the release.

Have a great day :D

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Thank you, my friend, for that clarification and confirmation. 'Looking forward to the new features.

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

So, the only difference between the Aspire V10 and the VCarve V10 are the sculpting enhancements? The upgrade price difference is $225.

I'm retired and somewhat poor, but I love the V-Carve enhancements. Is there anyway to upgrade the VCarve enhancements and still use Aspire 9.5?
Mark
Pioneer, CA