Recent Project

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
signcut329
Model of CNC Machine: K2CNC 2514 & V90

Recent Project

Post by signcut329 »

The U.S. Border Patrol have gotten a lot of bad press for things that are beyond their control and or funding. This is a plaque commemorating their 95 anniversary as an Agency (May 28, 1924) Made of Red Oak. 11.125 inch dia. Before that date they were a mounted patrol, but not an agency. They started out under Commerce Dept, Then Labor, then Dept of Justice, Now Homeland Security.
Attachments
7.5.19 Shod with Iron Plaque.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Recent Project

Post by gkas »

Nice sign. I like the DOC. Nice, without being extreme.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Neat, clean and well executed.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

VERY well done!!
Congrats!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

GREAT cut Harry and you know right where i stand with ICE.

Robert L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam

Post by Robert L »

Absolutely perfect! Great job and the choice of Oak is spot on. I have a friend that just retired from the Boarder Patrol this year.
This would make a great gift. Is this file available any where?

Thanks, Robert

signcut329

Post by signcut329 »

Thank you for all the kind words. FYI I retired after a 30 yr career with the Border Patrol. I can tell you with 100 per cent accuracy that what you see in the news about detention facilities in NOT true. In most cases they are treated better than our own veterans!

Cowboy1296, yes Sir I know where you stand and I appreciate it my friend.

The file is an aspire file that I made myself. I am filling requests for plaques as we speak. I do change for them though. It keeps me in woodworking and replaces tools and supplies. I am not officially in the commercial plaque business, but do work for friends and past co workers on my own timetable at my own speed. I do not want to get into business as it will soon no longer be fun!

You can email me at signcut329@yahoo.com.

BTW: signcuting is the art of "Tracking". Border Patrol tracks or signcuts for people thru the deserts and ranch lands on a daily basis - more fun than you can imagine!

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

signcut329 wrote:Thank you for all the kind words. FYI I retired after a 30 yr career with the Border Patrol. I can tell you with 100 per cent accuracy that what you see in the news about detention facilities in NOT true. In most cases they are treated better than our own veterans!
I do not want to start a firestorm on this forum so bear with me and appreciate where I am coming from. . . first off I am a veteran, second there is always a flag flying in front of our house, there is also a big honking one I carved a while ago complete with screaming eagle on it on the front of my shop. So, I have no issue with anything that was written. HOWEVER:

Most of us hear enough of the political stupidity on a daily basis. A statement like that one is what starts an argument. When I post here I think "Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving dinner rules" for me. I really do not care about the political beliefs of anyone who posts here, they can have their say at the polls or they can drop in at our local Waffle House and shout at each other until the manager throws them out.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

signcut329

Post by signcut329 »

10-4. Noted.