Layers tab in the twilight zone.....

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
spinningwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Taig Mill and Self Built Routers

Layers tab in the twilight zone.....

Post by spinningwood »

I've been running aspire on an ultra wide hi res (3440 x 1440) monitor. I set windows scaling to 150% so I can more easily read the text in Aspire.

I like to pull the Layers tab outside the aspire main window so it is always visible and easily accessible. With scaling set to anything other than 100%, the box that shows were a tab will end up while dragging is way off. It's annoying, but I learned to live with it.

Recently I added a 1600 x 900 monitor above my main monitor for some graphics work I'm doing. I thought "why not drag the layers tab up there and then I can maximize Aspire on the main screen?". Unfortunately, because I'm never sure where the tab window will end up after dragging (when you have scaling <> 100%) it is possible to drag the tab so far that it is off the screen when you drop it. So, now I've go my layers tab halfway off my secondary screen and I can't figure out how to get it back on screen.

Any ideas on how to get my layers tab back on screen?

Ed

spinningwood
Vectric Wizard

Re: Layers tab in the twilight zone.....

Post by spinningwood »

Solved my own problem. I run with "Save Tab Layout" set to "yes". Fortunately I hadn't closed Aspire with the Layers tab lost off screen. I changed "Save Tab Layout" to "No" and when I closed / restarted Aspire the Layers tab was docked on the left bottom again and I could access it.

I guess people with really good eyesight don't need to use windows scaling to be able to read text on a hi res monitor. Sadly, I'm not one of them. I guess I'll send a note to support asking if they will take pity on me and have a look at how Aspire runs when scaling <> 100% in windows.

Ed

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Had a similar problem a few years ago (not with aspire)

Do a google search for something like "How to move window to main screen"

Everything in Windows is well, a window. Hopefully someone will come along with a quick way to help you out, but in the meantime, remember, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

spinningwood
Vectric Wizard

Post by spinningwood »

Google was not my friend in this instance. Before posting here I had searched and tried a number of suggestions on how to deal with an off screen window. It seems that those solutions only work on parent windows. The layers tab window is a child of the Aspire parent windows and it seems to be beyond the reach of the solutions that google came up with for me.

Ed

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I can't see a thing on my 1920x1080 monitors at standard resolution without my glasses. With them on it's crystal clear. Might be time for an eye test.