3D Roughing / Finishing

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
chris77
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna

3D Roughing / Finishing

Post by chris77 »

Hello,

I am using Aspire 9.5. I am in the middle of a project where I am doing a 3D texture. I have done the roughing pass and started the finishing pass and it went through the material on the finishing pass. I stopped the machine as fast as I could in hopes to salvage the work. I went back into the program to try and change the depth for the finishing pass it was going down to and could not find the setting. I deleted the tool paths and re-done them and still could not find the setting. I saved my work and shut down and restarted the program, re-opened Aspire and still could not find the setting. I would appreciate your help!

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: 3D Roughing / Finishing

Post by highpockets »

The Roughing and Finishing Gap are set under Material Setup, Model Position in Material.
John
Maker of Chips

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Do you possibly have depth too deep? (Below)

Or is it a 3D component to give a texture? In that case the roughing tool path has an allowance setting that keeps the cut above the actual component; the finish path cuts that allowance away, but only down to the component itself, not below it.
Attachments
texturedeep.jpg

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

You can't alter the depth of the finishing toolpath, it is a single pass at the surface of the model. You can alter the position of the model within the material block as highpockets has said.
It may be that you have the model sitting to deep in the material block which you can change in the material set up on the toolpath side of the screen. what does the toolpath priew look like ?? :lol: :lol:

Screenshots or the actual file (copyright permitting) would be a help in solving your problem :lol: :lol:

chris77
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna

Post by chris77 »

Thanks for the help!