Help with vector cutting order

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Help with vector cutting order

Post by kyeakel »

I'm cutting out dividers for some parts drawers. The material will be 1/32 plastic which is very flimsy. I'm trying to maintain a specific cutting order to allow more of the sheet to be intact while cutting each divider. I want the cut to start at the bottom right corner of each divider and cut in a clockwise manner. I've moved the start points to this location and set the start at to keep start points. This seems to work. Now I've used order option "use selected vector order" and selected the vectors from the left most bottom to the left most top, then move to the next row start at the bottom and move to the top selecting the vectors. Now calculate, and when I run the simulation it cuts from left to right, then right to left, and repeats. Not what I wanted.
I can't see what I'm doing wrong..
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Kipp
Attachments
DrawerDivider.crv3d
(384 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Help with vector cutting order

Post by Adrian »

Not sure why it didn't work for you. I drag selected from the bottom to the top on each column while holding down the shift key moving from left to right and hit Calculate and it's working fine. I've attached the file working like that.
Attachments
DrawerDivider.crv3d
(384 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Post by kyeakel »

I individually selected the vectors while holding the shift key, instead of dragging. I wonder if that would account for the different result? In any case, thanks for fixing it.

Kipp
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

kyeakel wrote:I individually selected the vectors while holding the shift key, instead of dragging. I wonder if that would account for the different result? In any case, thanks for fixing it.

Kipp
I did the shift key individual select thing and it worked fine for me? I alway do it that way. Usually though I will group stuff if I have a lot of picks and keep adding to the group so I do not goof up and have to start all over.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns