Info About Using a "mini pc"

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Info About Using a "mini pc"

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I setup a home network and use a wireless usb adapter on my control computer in the shop. When I generate the toolpaths I just save them to the shop computer. When the network isn't needed on the workshop computer I just unplug the usb wireless adapter.
Steve

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Re: Info About Using a "mini pc"

Post by Jim_in_PA »

SteveNelson46 wrote:I setup a home network and use a wireless usb adapter on my control computer in the shop. When I generate the toolpaths I just save them to the shop computer. When the network isn't needed on the workshop computer I just unplug the usb wireless adapter.
I'm not in any way network adverse...I spent decades in the telecom industry and have an excellent network here at home, which extends to the shop. While I do have a mesh wireless network for mobile devices, I have pretty much anything of consequence on wired Ethernet including my WinCNC computer in the shop. I'm not uncomfortable with that at all and use my cloud storage for passing design files between my Mac in the house and the Win10 machine in the shop while at the same time maintaining off-site backup of the same.