Clipart and different University PC user accounts?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Clipart and different University PC user accounts?

Post by 4DThinker »

We have a classroom license of Aspire, with it installed on PCs in a lab where students have to log in with their unique IDs to use any of the computers. On my professor log-in I can see and use the free clipart files that come with Aspire. None of the students running Aspire can find those files to use when they have logged in with their own IDs.

So are the clipart files installed in a folder unique to each user? Is there any place/way to install them so all users of the PCs can see/use them?

4D

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Clipart and different University PC user accounts?

Post by highpockets »

Don't know about the Classroom license installation, but on a single license version the clipart is installed in a folder on the default drive ->users->public->public documents->vectric files->clipart. You may need to grant the students access to this folder first.
John
Maker of Chips

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Maybe the students need permissions added to the users public folders.
Steve

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

Sounds like it might be a question you'd want to ask Vectric Support. Educational licenses appear to be a category different than individual and makers space licenses. But, I bet the other responses are spot on that permissions need to be granted to the students. Having that access enhances their educational experience and we'd be happy to see some of their projects.