Information on fonts

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Allen
Model of CNC Machine: Built it myself/ Linuxcnc control

Information on fonts

Post by Allen »

I see vfont is what the software comes with, will it support other formats?
Any links in the manual would be appreciated.

Thank you

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Information on fonts

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I see vfont is what the software comes with, will it support other formats?
Any links in the manual would be appreciated.
I've never heard of vfont, and there is no reference to it in the manual. In the help document under Creating Text the manual shows:
Aspire can make use of any TrueType font already installed on your computer, as well as Vectric's own single-line fonts designed specifically for CNC machining.
On the Support Site:
What fonts come with the program?
There are 23 Single Line Fonts included with the program. They can be viewed and selected by using the Single Line option in the Create Text tool.
The program also supports True Type and Open Type fonts and uses the fonts installed in the Windows Font directory on your PC.

How can I add more fonts?
Additional True Type and Open Type fonts (.TTF) can be obtained from many sources and available to use once the font has been properly installed the Windows Font Directory and the program restarted.

This is not hard to do and typically if you right click on the font file, it will give you the option to install the font. If that option is not available, the exact process can be found in the Help Document for your version of Windows.

The included Single Line Fonts are installed during the program's installation and cannot be changed or added to.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Allen
Model of CNC Machine: Built it myself/ Linuxcnc control

Re: Information on fonts

Post by Allen »

I see, installing them was the trick.
Thank you