A newbie question on zeroing

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Vic100
Model of CNC Machine: oozy cnc

A newbie question on zeroing

Post by Vic100 »

Hi Folks,
Aspire has in it's "material set" window "starting location coordinate" for X, Y, &Z. I am a little confused with this. In my drive program I have to set the cutting platform zero location then I go to the material zero point and zero it. What purpose has the Aspire starting location have to do with the zeroing process.
Thank you for your help,
Vic100

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: A newbie question on zeroing

Post by Adrian »

There isn't anything called "starting location coordinate" in the Aspire material setup. Are you referring to the XY Datum or the Home/Start Position?

The former defines where you have set the XY zero position and that needs to match where you set it on your machine. That is the important setting as far as zeroing is concerned.

The Home/Start position defines where the XYZ axis will move to at the start and end of a job. It's not relevant for zeroing and some people (including me) have removed the XY part from the post processor so the machine just stops and starts from wherever it is but at a safe Z position.

You can use the interactive help (Help Contents) on the Help menu to find more information about particular settings by clicking on the part of the screen you're interested in.