Looking for some help on a Possible Project

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Looking for some help on a Possible Project

Post by highpockets »

Fred,

You'd really be doing yourself a big favor and reducing your frustration if you'd take the time to "work" through the Vectric online tutorials. Start at the top and start working through at least the "Getting Started", "Vector Drawing" and "2D Toolpath" Categories. Don't just watch them, download the file associated with each tutorial and work along with the tutorial stopping the video as needed.

Aspire is a very powerful piece of software and with power there's a learning curve. Learn to crawl before you try and run....

I hate to ask, but is your machine large enough to handle the provide piece of material?
John
Maker of Chips

Fred Grover
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Pilot Pro 5050

Post by Fred Grover »

highpockets,

I agree and I have been starting to go through these again and need to work through them. No reason to hate about asking about my machine. With the Live Edge the gentleman has for me the machine will be large enough. There is another guy he uses sometimes that has a 5 x 10 but he is busy most of the time at his job as an Engineer.

I tend to try and run before I crawl lol. But I plan on going through the tutorials again and working through them as the first time I did just watch them and only worked through a few of them. The more times a person does it I guess the easier it will get.

Do you have a website or on Facebook ? I would love to see some of your work.

Fred.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Sorry no website or FB page. I've retired, this is my hobby, most of my stuff is given away, what ever my wife doesn't keep... :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
Maker of Chips

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Here's my effort and the result.
1. Crop the bitmap to include just the rifle and the scales 7" x 25"
2. Manually trace the rifle from the bitmap.
3. Draw 2 master guide lines 25" long 7" apart on a new layer.
4. On another layer draw 2 corresponding lines on the bitmap following the lines on it.
4. Copy the rifle tracing and drawn bitmap guide lines onto another layer. Make this layer active. Turn off all of the other layers except the one with the master grid lines.
5.. Select the rifle tracing and the grid lines that were drawn on the bitmap. Distort these vectors so the lines on the bitmap overlay the master guide lines.You can use distortion tool and/or the handles that appear when you double clock on the selected lines.
Note: If you use the distortion tool, all of the vectors selected end up on the active layer and are no longer regular curves. You have to double click on the result and select "Convert to curves" before you can make any more changes.
Rifle Pocket Bitmap.JPG
This is as close to an exact copy of your drawing as I can do.  If you use the file, you probably should offset it outwards to provide some clearance.
This is as close to an exact copy of your drawing as I can do. If you use the file, you probably should offset it outwards to provide some clearance.
Rifle Pocket.crv
(472 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

dbushery
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD Pro 2.0

Post by dbushery »

highpockets wrote:
Aspire is a very powerful piece of software and with power there's a learning curve. Learn to crawl before you try and run....
No to.mention great responsibility...