Musclechuck or Eliminator chuck

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Musclechuck or Eliminator chuck

Post by Phil »

I'm considering buying a quick change router chuck. I'd like to hear from anyone who has one.

Thank you,

Phil

terrytjaden
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

Re: Musclechuck or Eliminator chuck

Post by terrytjaden »

I have the Musclechuck and am very happy with it. I have several sizes of I nserts and use it for everything but 1/2 bits. The model I have fits a Milwaukee router in a Shopbot.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Since there are so few replies (=1) I thought maybe a video would help. https://www.finewoodworking.com/2015/03 ... ing-easier

Phil

larrybadgett
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Post by larrybadgett »

I've looked at this and in my opinion it would not help me much as I use a deep socket bored out to let the tool pass thru with a wrench on top of the dust shoe. The wrench rests on top of the dust shoe and locks against the vac hose. With the allen wrench setup it would be very difficult to to see through the dust shoe curtain if not impossible and to remove the dust shoe to change tooling would be very cumbersome.
Woodchip
Wud Bi Tek
http://wudbitek.com/

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Thanks, Larry. From what I've seen on this forum and the Shopbot forum there are a lot of people with easy to remove dust shoes. I have one that I built. This chuck would work very well with a set up with a removeable dust shoe.

Phil

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

I checked a bit farther. Neither of the 2 companies make a quick change cut to fit an ER25 spindle.

Phil

laflippin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR 8 Pro+

Post by laflippin »

Phil,

For a negative experience with the Musclechuck, apparently from bit-slipping during a cut, see: (at about the 30 minute mark).

I don't have any personal experience with the Musclechuck that would add to or subtract from what Shawn said during his presentation, but I have studied his work pretty carefully and corresponded with him a few times--he is a NASA engineer with a hobbyist passion for CNC routing, among other skills, and I have always found him to be thoughtful, analytical and completely straightforward.