3D Daisy

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

3D Daisy

Post by Les_linton »

Good evening everyone,
Been quite a while since I have been on here and really just getting back into working with my machine for anything but 2d cutting. Have upgraded to 9.5 so I'm current and struggling with a project. Since most of the 3D work I've done has come from projects from Design & Make, I am not nearly as proficient with Aspire as I need to be. I have a file with all/most of the detail done on a daisy for a stair part, I just can't seem to get things to blend and would appreciate any help I can get. I am attaching the file as I currently have it. The issue is the size and the double layer of petals. I have backed almost everything out but left the top layer of petals in what I think is a raised position. Not sure if I did it correctly because when I try to get the toolpath it is not what I expect.
Thoughts,
Les
Attachments
Stair Part.crv3d
(625.5 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

jimwill2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Re: 3D Daisy

Post by jimwill2 »

I just copied and pasted the daisy layer you already had made. Then rotated them, moved the copies to beneath the originals in the modeling tab and set both to merge. I raised the base on the originals .0625". Something to play with. Have fun.
Attachments
daisy.crv3d
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
Jim Williams

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Maybe something like this? I deleted all but one petal and set it to merged. Then I opened the properties dialogue box and applied some tilt. Then used circular copy. Lots of variations are possible.
Attachments
Daisy.jpg
Steve

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

Steve, Thanks for taking a look. My drawing was based off a very old plinth block my friend found in an old house and are looking at staying with that pattern. I like what you did though.

Jim, I think you may have gotten me off center. I still have a lot to do for the finished product and I will likely be back getting more advice from the forum. I need to cancel Dish and spend my time here. Many thanks to both of you,

Les