Snapping a frame to a box vector

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Vic100
Model of CNC Machine: oozy cnc

Snapping a frame to a box vector

Post by Vic100 »

Hi Every One,

I am not quite sure how to snap or apply a frame to the inside of a rectangular work piece. Can some please tell me how to do this. The clips of frames are shorter then the total length of frame around the work piece. Do you have to enlarge the clip by adding these segment to the total length of the inside of the work piece before snapping the frame clip to the vector? An out line of this process would be helpful or if you know where to find a video for this, this would also be helpful.

Thank you for your help,

Vic100

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Snapping a frame to a box vector

Post by Adrian »

Not sure what you mean to be honest. Where do the clips of the frame come into it? Pictures would help as words can be interpreted in so many ways.

There are lots of different ways of aligning rectangles within each other if that's what you mean. You can use the offset tool to create one bigger or smaller than the selected one. You can draw both and use the Alignment tools to align with each other and at least five other ways I can think off of the top of my head.

Vic100
Model of CNC Machine: oozy cnc

Post by Vic100 »

Adrian.

What I am trying to do is make a picture frame. If you take the clip of frame from the library, you can enlarge it and move it to the four side of the rectangle using copy & paste. but the corners over lap. I was shown how to place a frame clip similar to "Curved Molding Tutorial" but around a rectangle but the email got lost. The advantage was there was no over lap at the corners and it was much easier to do, again I lost the email.

Vic100

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

OK. Second description was better than first and I think I might be able to provide a solution but it could just as eaily not be what you are looking for.

How about: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26463