Components

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Components

Post by Stephen50 »

First attempt at creating 3d files happy with what I have however, I would like to take one of three items I created copy to a separate new page where I would be able to cut it out and determine if the final shape is exactly what I'm looking for. However, when I copied the item to the new page an error message I received was highlight the vectors. My question is, how do I attach the components to the file being copied to the new page. Went to the help section unable to find what I wanted to know. Also went to search on the forum, either I asked the wrong question or no one has ever had the problem I've encountered. This Aspire user is at a loss on how to correct this problem. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Components

Post by Stephen50 »

Sat back for a few minutes to see if I could figure this out on my own and guess what I did. This may not be the quickest way of having components move with a file but this worked for me. Highlighted every thing I created copied the file to a new page pasted the file went to components highlighted each one and renamed them to the appropriate item created created roughing and finishing and done. If someone has a quicker way let me know.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Perhaps part of the reason you didn't get an answer is because the terminology you're using doesn't seem to match anything in Aspire. I have no idea what you mean by moving the component to a new page.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I'm with Steve. I don't understand what it is you're trying to do. There is no such thing as pages in Aspire. There are sheets that are created when nesting, layers that can hold vectors and components plus levels that can order components. Do you mean any of those?

Only other thing I can think of is that you mean a new job in Aspire created by running a new session of Aspire. Cut and paste is the quickest way to move things between sessions but you can also save and load the file.

As you can tell we need more information.

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Post by phill05 »

One quick way that works for me, make sure origanal is saved as is then I delete all I don't need then press Ctrl, Alt, S it will save with a number _1 added on to file, close origanal down and Don't save, then work on the file you want.
This way you have the option to go back to origanal file if you need too.

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

airplane

Post by Stephen50 »

Does the capability exist in Aspire v9.512 to place a created landing gear beneath a created airplane wing. Presently, when I the create vector boundaries of the wing and landing gear, complete a roughing and finish toolpath a view of the landing gear shows it is placed on the front edge of the wing rather than beneath and centered on the underside of the wing. If I'm using the wrong terminology request you advise me what the correct nomenclature should be, so I don't make a future mistake.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

airplane

Post by Stephen50 »

Does the capability exist in Aspire v9.512 to place a created landing gear beneath a created airplane wing. Presently, when I the create vector boundaries of the wing and landing gear, complete a roughing and finish toolpath a view of the landing gear shows it is placed on the front edge of the wing rather than beneath and centered on the underside of the wing. If I'm using the wrong terminology request you advise me what the correct nomenclature should be, so I don't make a future mistake.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Stephen,

A file and/or a screenshot would be helpful. Will you be able to post either? (Your actual file is always best, of course.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Agree a screenshot would help. You should be able to see on the 3d pane what the components look like before simulating the toolpaths. If they don't look like you want there, they won't look any different after creating toolpaths. It should be possible to position and change the heights, tilts, fades and combine modes of the components so that the landing gear appears to be under the wing, but we'd need to see it to give you specific advice.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Stephen50 »

Hopefully, the screen shot and toolpaths are available to view.
Attachments
airplane 3D Finish 1.sbp.zip
(198.81 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
airplane to forum.crv3d
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
airplane 3D Finish 1.sbp.zip
(198.81 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Stephen,

I only had time to take a quick glance at your file. Several things need attention, but mainly you need to look at some of the components that are set to "Add" and change them to "Merge". The landing gear you mentioned before needs the "merge" and you also need to remove the negative Base Height (i.e., set it to zero).

I hope that starts to get you on the right path!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC