Lithophane question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Lithophane question

Post by Phil »

I'm working on a lithophane. The photo doesn't fill the entire space in the frame. I'm looking for a way to fill, blend or merge the area above and below the image. any help will be appreciated.

Phil
Attachments
Stan Lee.PNG

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Lithophane question

Post by martin54 »

Couple of different ways off the top of my head, use a dish shape to the depth of the deepest part of the lithophane at the top & bottom edge not tried it myself but might work.
Not sure if the second option would work but I would have a look at making the picture slightly larger reducing the top & bottom bits a little, may need to play about with how much. You could probably model background at the top reasonably easily extending the slats on the right upwards & a bit of a pocket for the walls then at the bottom is there a line or two of text you could engrave about the picture ?? :lol: :lol:

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

Another suggestion would be to change the shape of the dish.. a rectangle with rounded corners and enlarge the photo so it fills the frame;
Another would be to use an ellipse;
Use Photoshop and replace the background [I do this on most lithophanes especially old ones with ugly walls. Favorites are wood and stretched sunsets/sunrises].
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Use Photoshop and replace the background

Not sure why that suggestion wasn't one of the first things I thought of Dale :lol: :lol: Something I have to do quite often with printed vinyl for signs & vehicle livery :lol: