Post Processor fro a Siemens 828D Control.

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Post Processor fro a Siemens 828D Control.

Post by Gundawg »

I recently purchased a used VMC a Sharp SVL-2416SE-M it has a nice control a Siemens 828D with conversational programming but I would like to use my Vectric Aspire to do some programming. There is a PP listed for the Siemens 840D and that will work for a 828D but it is not a very good PP for a mill. It lacks a lot of things needed for coolant and other things it also has some code in it I can't find any reference to in either the Vectric PP guide or the Sharp G code guide. Is there someone that can write a proper PP and if so how much does that run?

You might have seen my other post on a Haas mill I decided on this machine so I don't have the Haas.

I make a lot of aluminum parts that are simple 2D shapes and I am proficient doing this with the Vectric software if possible I would like to use it for the mill.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Post Processor fro a Siemens 828D Control.

Post by IslaWW »

Mike...
Do you have a list of the commands that you need to add?
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

IslaWW wrote:Mike...
I don't but I could look into finding that info. I have a stack of manuals that is 10" thick for this control. I will look to see if I can find it in the manual if not I will contact Siemens.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

IslaWW wrote:Mike...
I read your question wrong yes from what I can see. I need an M08 to turn on coolant and M09 to turn it off. I am also not sure how the tool length offsets are handled through CAM. I played around with trying to edit the post they had for the 840D and posted some sample code I generated with it on the practical machinist site. A few guys pointed out problems with what it generated. I am out of my element here so I was thinking I need help. I emailed Vectric and they were not much help.