new vector

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
lavon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: cncrouterparts

new vector

Post by lavon »

I added a new .25 larger circular vector by offset and deleted the original circle.
when I view all tool paths the new one is not in the list.
I saved the file with the new circle added in the project.
How do I show tool paths with the new addition in the list so as to cut all correctly?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: new vector

Post by highpockets »

You'll need to go into the toolpath, select the new vector and calculate the toolpath. Next time if all you want to do is resize the circle use the resize tool on the vector then click recalculate on the toolpath.
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Toolpaths aren't automatically assigned to vectors, that is something you need to do for yourself once you have decided what toolpath strategy to use, if you are new to the software then it would be a good idea to start working your way through the tutorials on the support site, they are easy to understand & also have downloadable files so you can actually follow along with the video :lol: :lol:
They will answer a lot of the questions you will have & the forum can fill in any gaps or parts you may not fully understand :lol: :lol:

lavon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by lavon »

martin54:
thanks for the reply.
How to assign Toolpaths to vectors.
I have searched the Aspire forum unsuccessfully.
I have an email to the support site and hope to receive a reply soon.
I will revisit the support videos
Can you direct me to the specific post(s) that will instruct me?

lavon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by lavon »

martin54: or anyone:

The Toolpaths were already assigned. This is a free project from Vectric, Michael Tyler's Buffalo nickel Bank.
Does changing the size require new tool paths?
Thanks

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Strictly speaking you cannot assign toolpaths to vectors. However, you can select vectors for toolpaths according to what layers they are on. Just click on the Selector... box at the bottom of the toolpath window.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Lavon, don't take this the wrong way but you've started a lot of threads over the last few days asking a lot of very basic questions. VCarve is not the sort of software you can learn by just diving in unless you want to come up against a brick wall and frustrate yourself continually. You need to work your way through the tutorials from the beginning and refer to the Help Contents (manual) as you do. That way you'll get a good understanding of the basic concepts etc.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Changing the size of an existing project would generally not require the toolpaths to be done again just recalculated BUT you didn't alter the size of the vector, you added a new vector (by offsetting the original vector). So you have changed the original free project not just in size but by adding to it as well :lol: :lol:

As Adrian has said you should start working your way through the tutorials, they come with files you can download & then work along side the video. If I had spent $2000 on software I would want to use every training aid available to me so I could get the best out of it :lol: :lol: :lol:
The forum is a great resource but most of what you have asked can easily be learned from the tutorial videos or the manual :lol: :lol: