Dear Santa . . . . .

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Jamesdee1046
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: MultiCam w/Planet CNC Controller

Dear Santa . . . . .

Post by Jamesdee1046 »

Would it be possible to "easily" manipulate the tool path on a completed project. When I actually run the program my router runs all over the project instead of going from top to bottom or left to right. Seems to waste a lot of time moving from on area to another.

I believe when I used to use ENROUTE one of the features when completing a project was a feature to edit the job to minimize routing time.

Thanks in advance

Jim Markevitch
Grapevine, TX
Jim Markevitch
Grapevine, TX

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Dear Santa . . . . .

Post by Adrian »

Different parts or all on one part? Have you tried the ordering options?

Jamesdee1046
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: MultiCam w/Planet CNC Controller

Post by Jamesdee1046 »

Sorry . . . . . . . . . I don't know where to look for Ordering Options.
Jim Markevitch
Grapevine, TX

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If it's profile toolpaths look at the Order tab in the toolpath dialog. Make sure Show Advanced options is set.

DLWOODWORKS
Vectric Apprentice

Post by DLWOODWORKS »

I've had this problem as well since I started using Aspire about 6 years ago. I cut a lot of sports plaques for a company. Pretty simple. Put some keyhole slots in, punch a couple of 1/2" holes with a boring bit and cut out with a compression bit. After finishing a cut on one plaque, instead of going to the next one right next to it, the router is forced half way across the table (4x8) to do a cut on another plaque, then jumps someplace else, etc. I would think that after completing a cut, it should be moved to the next one right next to the one completed. Or is there something in the cut algorithm that makes this not work? It does waste a lot of time jogging all over the table, even though I have a 15IPS jog rate.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

DLWOODWORKS wrote:I've had this problem as well since I started using Aspire about 6 years ago. I cut a lot of sports plaques for a company. Pretty simple. Put some keyhole slots in, punch a couple of 1/2" holes with a boring bit and cut out with a compression bit. After finishing a cut on one plaque, instead of going to the next one right next to it, the router is forced half way across the table (4x8) to do a cut on another plaque, then jumps someplace else, etc. I would think that after completing a cut, it should be moved to the next one right next to the one completed. Or is there something in the cut algorithm that makes this not work? It does waste a lot of time jogging all over the table, even though I have a 15IPS jog rate.
Are you setting the cutting order? Its on the toolpath menu near the bottom, one of the options where you set ramps & leads :lol: :lol:

DLWOODWORKS
Vectric Apprentice

Post by DLWOODWORKS »

Thanks Martin! I'll play around with those settings to see what happens.