lost .crv file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
LES MUELLER
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster X3

lost .crv file

Post by LES MUELLER »

Do not know if there is any help for me I have lost my .crv file but have my ,tap file. Would like to know if it is possible to regenerate the .crv file,
Any help is appreciated

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: lost .crv file

Post by Savannahdan »

If I recall this has come up before and I think the response is no. But, you could check with Vectric Support to see if they have a method. Also, did you do a search on File Explorer to see if the original .crv file is in a different location. I use this function quite a bit. Just pull up File Explorer, click on This PC, and then enter the file name you are looking for in the Search Quick Access block on the upper right tab. Your File Explorer may be a bit different from mine. Hint: Don't do as I did and leave the external harddrive running for this search unless you put it into one of those originally. Hope this helps.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There are ways of doing it but unless it's a very simple design (basically only profile cuts) it's an awful lot of work to do.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

It won't help you now, but here is a thread on various ways to save and backup work: <Ctrl S>, <Ctrl Alt S>, and Backups
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I like Ctrl-Alt-S, Increment and save file. It's a great way to save a development milestone for a project. I use it whenever I finish section of development.