Layer Colors do not import with DXF

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
blakeyoung
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Layer Colors do not import with DXF

Post by blakeyoung »

For work I often import vectors via DXF from AutoCAD. I have a layer template that I use for pocket routes, holes, etc. each with a corresponding color.
When I bring in a DXF, all of the layers come in also, but they are all black in color. I am running Aspire 9.

Has anyone else ran into this in the past or might know how to fix this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Layer Colors do not import with DXF

Post by Adrian »

Are the layers the same naming convention? DXF layers are upper case and have underscores rather than spaces.

I've just tried it and the colours came in fine for me but I didn't use AutoCAD to create the DXF so if the naming conventions are correct it might be that you need to save in a different DXF format as the newer ones can be problematic at times.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I always save as v12 .dxf, and the layer colors come in fine for me. I just checked.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

keastab
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Solsylva vbearing 45"x72"

Post by keastab »

blakeyoung wrote:For work I often import vectors via DXF from AutoCAD. I have a layer template that I use for pocket routes, holes, etc. each with a corresponding color.
When I bring in a DXF, all of the layers come in also, but they are all black in color. I am running Aspire 9.

Has anyone else ran into this in the past or might know how to fix this?
Make sure they(the DXF) is not grouped. most of my draftsight files I have on a multi layer file came in aspire grouped. it drove me crazy
till I realized they were grouped. once ungrouped they went into layers that was in Aspire 8.5, 9.0 and 9.5