Assign a file folder to a button

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
KMD
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Router

Assign a file folder to a button

Post by KMD »

Hello

Is there a way to a sign A folder on my Computer to a button in aspire? For instance When I click on the toolpath template it opens my tool path template folder. Or when I save my tool paths it opens my toolpath export folder. Aspire seems to go to the last folder opened all the time. This is probably the most basic thing that I m over looking but any help would be appreciated but its driving me nuts. Im doing lots of little projects and I feel like Im clicking and click and clicking.
Im using the the most current version of aspire.

thanks For your help

Kirk

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Assign a file folder to a button

Post by Adrian »

Not directly in Aspire but as it uses standard Windows open/save dialogs you can setup Quick Access links to the folders you need in the left hand column.

You're not alone in your frustrations. The ability to have the software remember locations for each type of open/save operation has been asked for a few times and is on the wishlist as far as I know so hopefully we'll see it in the next version.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Hi Adrian, can you explain "Quick Access" and how to set it up?

Thanks,

Phil

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

This link explains it in detail better than I can - https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/quick-access-windows-10/ - Although it looks like it works only in an Explorer window it also shows up in the left hand column of open/save dialogs of programs that support it.

I have the folders I use a lot pinned and then rely on the automatic feature of putting the most commonly used folders in the list for the rest.

KMD
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Router

Post by KMD »

thanks Adrian I use the quick access it is okay But I would like to program it in Aspire. Maybe if we all ask Santa he will bring it for us

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Well depending on your coding ability you could write gadgets to take the place of the save functions and then link them to gadget shortcut keys. I have the backup gadgets I wrote (http://gadgets.vectric.com/V9/job_backup.html) linked to keys in that way.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Thanks, Adrian.

Phil :D