Duplicating 2 side Models

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Elite 4 X 4

Duplicating 2 side Models

Post by rwebcon »

I have a two-sided model which I now need to make several copies of on an enlarged piece of material. How do you go about making duplicate copies of the two-sided model on the enlarged material and get the vectors on the two sides to line up? I want to select the model and all vectors on both sides and make multiple copies at a differ location on the material.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Duplicating 2 side Models

Post by garylmast »

Select everything, right click and select "Copy to other side". It will also create a mirror image. If you don't want the duplicate component, draw a rectangle and center it around your top component. Select just the vector to copy to other side. The other component you want can then be placed in the center of the rectangle on the opposite side by using the align object to last selected object icon. (the one with the clear background)

Gary

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Elite 4 X 4

Post by rwebcon »

I know how to copy to other side that is not my problem.... I want to duplicate both side1 and side 2 to another location on the material so I now have two identical parts both side1 and side2.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Maybe I didn't explain it good or I'm misunderstanding what you what. If you want to relocated the component to another location on the material, first draw a vector around the component. Move the vector to the new location and then copy ONLY the vector to the other side. Then use the Align Objects to last selected object icon, which will move the component inside the vector. Do the same on the back side: move the component inside the vector. I hope I understood you this time.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG