2 Rail Sweep Help

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mgoodwin
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna

2 Rail Sweep Help

Post by mgoodwin »

I am trying to create a railing with the enclosed end view. I have been trying this with the 2 rail sweep. When previewing, the right side round part of the model is higher when it should be lower. Not sure what I am doing wrong should it be created differently. Not sure thanks in advance.
Attachments
Help.crv3d
(18 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: 2 Rail Sweep Help

Post by highpockets »

Is this the top or the railing?
Image 261.png
Your profile shows a height of over 7". Do you really want a railing over 7" high?
John
Maker of Chips

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I'm a little confused. Are you looking for something like this?
Attachments
2018-11-02_15-52-09.png
2018-11-02_15-52-09.crv3d
(61.5 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Steve

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

highpockets wrote:Is this the top or the railing?
Image 261.png
Your profile shows a height of over 7". Do you really want a railing over 7" high?
Yes this is the end view of a bed railing. It is about 7.125 high.

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

SteveNelson46 wrote:I'm a little confused. Are you looking for something like this?
Yes that is what I need how did you do that? It needs to be about 7.125 high for a bed railing

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

mgoodwin wrote:
SteveNelson46 wrote:I'm a little confused. Are you looking for something like this?
Yes that is what I need how did you do that? It needs to be about 7.125 high for a bed railing
I have tried all that I can think of in the two rail sweep but the right hand side always ends up higher than the center when previewed.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

OK, I'd recommend using the Moulding Toolpath instead of creating a model, it will machine much faster.

The other issue I see, and this may not me a problem with your machine, but cutting on edge of a 7"+ piece of lumber would be impossible on my machine.
Image 262.png
John
Maker of Chips

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

highpockets wrote:OK, I'd recommend using the Moulding Toolpath instead of creating a model, it will machine much faster.

The other issue I see, and this may not me a problem with your machine, but cutting on edge of a 7"+ piece of lumber would be impossible on my machine.
Image 262.png
Yes I have 12 inches of z height and plenty of length

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

highpockets wrote:OK, I'd recommend using the Moulding Toolpath instead of creating a model, it will machine much faster.

Image 262.png

Hello thanks much the moulding works. I never thought of that. But I am getting a small cut on the side I am wondering why this is taking place is it due to the size of the piece of the size of the work area? Or something else. I attached a profile showing the concern. Thanks again

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Without seeing a picture of what your talking about, I guess you stopped the rail line at the edge of the material. Run the rail out a little past the material in each direction.
John
Maker of Chips

mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

highpockets wrote:Without seeing a picture of what your talking about, I guess you stopped the rail line at the edge of the material. Run the rail out a little past the material in each direction.
Hello. I watched the moulding help video I just needed to set the boundry off set and all was better. Thanks very much