Plasma

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
vfauto
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artsian 72"

Plasma

Post by vfauto »

Does anyone use Aspire in conjunction with a plasma cutter,if so any advice.I am looking at the Wright CNC plasma table. Also how would I acquire the Post Processors?
Thank You
Frank

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Plasma

Post by garylmast »

I have a Chinese CHD-1325 plasma cutting machine that feeds either a DXF or ESP file directly to the controller or to the ArtEngrave Software, which outputs directly to the machine. I use a version 3.5 Aspire that's on a laptop to generate the vectors, then export, usually as a DXF file. It also says it will import from CorelDraw, but it's a machine my Son uses mostly, where Aspire makes it a lot easier.

Gary
Attachments
CHD 1325.JPG

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Re: Plasma

Post by Greolt »

I use Aspire for toolpathing on my plasma table. Mach3 as the controller, which Wright CNC also uses.

There are more specialized CAM programs but I already use Aspire for router etc. and it does all that I require.

However Wright CNC also include a plasma specific CAM program so you will only be looking to Aspire for CAD (drawing) exporting drawings as DXF or similar.

No doubt Wright CNC will provide the Post Processor for the CAM program included.