latest upgrade 9.509

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: prs standard

latest upgrade 9.509

Post by Hunterland »

I just updated to 9.509 and this file tool path takes about 1 minute to calculate. and when it is done it is only 23 secs cut time .could someone else open it and let me know if it does the same for you. this is the first file since upgrade. I check the feed rate ,in case I misplaced a decimal point . thanks anyone for looking , Don
Attachments
plate.crv3d
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: latest upgrade 9.509

Post by highpockets »

I just tried it and it calculated in a blink of an eye. The machine time on my system says 22 seconds, but that's just a scale factor.
John
Maker of Chips

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Calculates instantly and cuts in 11 seconds.....

Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Hunterland »

Thanks it is such a small piece it should be in a blink of an eye. I will shut down and reboot to see if that will help :thanks again

Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Hunterland »

does it also simulate quickly , the simulation is what is taking so long. sorry for my miswording

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It will take longer than you might think to simulate because it's a large tool in relation to the piece. The more pixels in the simulation that are affected by the virtual tool the slower it is.

Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Hunterland »

Ok I did not think of it that way. So if I used a 1/8th cutter it would be faster to simulate. I always learn alot from this forum. Thanks again. Don

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Hunterland wrote:Ok I did not think of it that way. So if I used a 1/8th cutter it would be faster to simulate. I always learn alot from this forum. Thanks again. Don
You could also reduce the preview quality from the Toolpaths menu which would also reduce the number of pixels in the preview and speed things up as well.

Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Hunterland »

Adrian, i had tried that changing it to standard . I have Aspire on the shop computer and also on the house computer and as i was not able to sleep i got up to try changing the cutter size to an 1/8 inch cutter , and it worked but then i changed it back too 1/2 and it was also fast. and so i am back to the shop computer being the problem or the upgrade on that computer. I think i will uninstall that upgrade and redo it ,there is something strange happening also with the tool path block, not wanting to snap back in place I thank you for your help and i will post if the reinstall changes things . Don

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Do you have animate preview turned on? Is the speed slider all the way over to the right? I always have animate preview turned off so the speed slider is inactive. If you do use it make sure that the slider is full over to get the maximum speed.

At maximum preview resolution it takes about 35 seconds to preview on my machine and about 2 seconds and standard resolution.

The calculation is a bit odd. It shouldn't be taking that long. Might be worth checking in Task Manager to see what available memory you have and if any other process on the computer is hogging resources.