Change text

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Change text

Post by Stephen50 »

I'm attempting to change the size of text. The text line is: E. Snider Dr.
What I created for the street name is 1.5 inches in height, what I would like to change is E. and Dr. to 1 inch while keeping Snider at 1.5 inches. I've tried creating each item singularity however, when I attempted to adjust the spacing of each letter holding the shift key I was unable to accomplish any adjustments between the letter as I couldn't highlight all three items. Anyone have an idea how my idea can become a reality.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Change text

Post by IslaWW »

Create Text at either size. Convert to curves. Resize portion as needed and align to bottom. adjust spacing and you should be good to go
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

If you create it as 3 separate lines of text then use the break text into lines on the right click menu then no you won't be able to kern it all as one, but you can sort out the text height & kerning for each line separately & then use the alignment tools to space it all on one line, bit of extra work but should work OK
Some big changes to how the software handles text in the latest Version & hopefully the text tools will continue to be upgraded in future versions :lol: :lol:

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Post by Stephen50 »

Thanks for the response pertaining to changing text size. Tried both and each worked equally well for my situation.