9.5 Disappointment on the upgrade

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

9.5 Disappointment on the upgrade

Post by Desert_Woodworker »

In the past, when getting an upgrade it was like a Christmas gift- not 9.5
The only thing that I got out of this was the “text” mobility all else, a big disappointment for me. Not even an additional clip art piece. I feel that this large Rotary content should have been used, for a newer version (10.0) instead I got a free upgrade to bupkis.

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Re: 9.5 Disappointment on the upgrade

Post by Tailmaker »

Well, I love the new features. Obviously depends on what you are using but this one has been for me. I do use rotary functions and can not care less about pre-packed clip art :)

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by Desert_Woodworker »

“can not care less about pre-packed clip art ”
Selfishness at its best...

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Post by Tailmaker »

Desert_Woodworker wrote:“can not care less about pre-packed clip art ”
Selfishness at its best...
Oh come on...I really don't. What is selfish about that? After all the upgrade was free and as mentioned I appreciate the added features. Not saying that you are wrong from your perspective. Just that there may be different opinions.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

If they put this much extra functionality in a free interim release I can't wait to see what version 10 will be like. I REALLY like the new rotary "stuff"
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's a free upgrade that has great new features for a lot of people. There's nothing in there that makes any real difference to my day to day work either but as it doesn't cost a penny it's hardly something I'm going to complain about.

Many companies would charge you for the upgrade and then leave you stranded with a version that couldn't open any of the files in the new one if you didn't buy it.

Have you thought that if the upgrade had new features that were of use to you then there would be people who though exactly the same that there was nothing in it for them? Can't please all the people all the time.

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Desert_Woodworker wrote:Selfishness at its best...
Which obviously does not apply to your initial post :D

Both of you used "for me". What's wrong with others expressing a different personal opinion?

Wise reply Adrian.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I can understand someone being a little bit disappointed if upgrades are something they look forward to, rotary is something that I will never be able to do unless I buy a new CNC & the changes to the text tool are not something I will really use either but I would never post about it on the forum.

Look at the bigger picture, the new rotary features have got to be good for Vectric when it comes to new user sales which helps make the Company stronger, that can only be a good thing for all of us :lol: :lol:

Something else that Adrian didn't mention about other Companies & upgrading is that many Companies don't allow you to miss an upgrade, I stopped using one particular signmaking program years ago because I missed an upgrade, at the time I was short of money & the particular upgrade was centred around digital printing which was something I didn't do at the time. The next upgrade I was treated as a new customer & not offered any sort of discount at all. I was left either having to pay full price of find alternative software, I went with finding alternative software as I couldn't afford to buy the software new again.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I feel that this large Rotary content should have been used, for a newer version (10.0) instead I got a free upgrade to bupkis.
So when you paid for the upgrade to 10, you'd have been even more disappointed.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

I made the switch from VCP to Aspire very quickly a few years ago. There are lots of features, capabilities, etc. that Aspire has that I don't use but I like the idea of having a program with those things available if I needed them. I'm also like Martin in that I feel that upgrades and improvements help sell the Vectric products and that benefits all - new and existing customers. Another benefit to all of us is the response by Vectric staff. The was another post recently about a selection not being available in the program that had been there a few years ago. In almost the blink of your eye Vectric staff had it in the next fix and that was within a short period of the post. I don't think you can get that type of response from other companies.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

I believe there was a few pieces of clipart included

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

When I first upgraded to Version 9.5 in Aspire, I flipped out because I thought things were excluded from the Old Version. Once I watched the "What's New" video, my attitude went from disappointed to extreme enthusiasm because of how much easier and time saving things are now. WATCH THE VIDEO, your opinion will probably change also. I've never seen a better company then Vectric and their software would be hard to beat.

Gary

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

garylmast wrote:When I first upgraded to Version 9.5 in Aspire, I flipped out because I thought things were excluded from the Old Version. Once I watched the "What's New" video, my attitude went from disappointed to extreme enthusiasm because of how much easier and time saving things are now. WATCH THE VIDEO, your opinion will probably change also. I've never seen a better company then Vectric and their software would be hard to beat.

Gary
Hear, Hear!
Last edited by SteveNelson46 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Desert_Woodworker wrote:In the past, when getting an upgrade it was like a Christmas gift- not 9.5
The only thing that I got out of this was the “text” mobility...
Hi Desert_Woodworker,

The new Text features and behavior are a major improvement over previous versions. For me, this enhancement alone is well appreciated and would be worth paying for!

I think about all the times I had carefully kerned and arranged/resized text elements and then discovered I had to make an edit to the text. All my hard work was lost if I re-entered or modified any text via the text editing window.

Thankfully, this is no longer an issue. It is a tremendous time-saver and “frustration eliminator”.

Thank you, Vectric!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

mtylerfl wrote:For me
Michael, don't be so selfish :D

Martin, well said.

Seeing improvements of the products is always good news, even if they are not major for your personal use. Everybody is free to upgrade or not. When it's a paid upgrade it's a very selfish decision. When it's free, who can complain?
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517