Am I ready to upgrade my program???

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
NL7U
Model of CNC Machine: Pirhana

Am I ready to upgrade my program???

Post by NL7U »

I have been a Desktop user for several years now, and have been happy with it for what I have been doing. However, most of the projects on the forum have been for the Pro or Aspire program. Could someone please tell me what the basic differences are between them all? I have read Vectric's internet site info, but would like some personal input from you all and not just some salesmen talking.

Also, could you please tell me what clipart is included with these programs, I have been purchasing Design and Make items, but it there is more clipart included with the basic programs it would make sense to upgrade to either Pro or Aspire.

Thanks again.

Larry

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Am I ready to upgrade my program???

Post by garylmast »

Here's the link for comparison of Vectric software: https://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

When I got my first CNC machine around 2004, I purchased Cut3D and Photocrarve, but shortly wanted to move on. I was never too impressed with those two software, so I brought VCarvePro, which I did quite of few carvings and cool projects. When Aspire came out, I was one of the first in line to purchase it, and got heavy into the 3-D, but occasionally still did some of the 2-D stuff. I have never looked back and don't miss the other software. Although Aspire costs more, it does everything the others do, but is in it's own class, and with the recent upgrades, I'm not sure if there's anything out there that will compare. I absolutely love Aspire! I guess whatever software you purchase, it should be based on what you want to do.

Gary

NL7U
Model of CNC Machine: Pirhana

Post by NL7U »

Thank you, Gary, for your input. I reckon the main reason that I am making my inquiry is part for the niceties that come with a more powerful program such as Pro or Aspire, but also along a "bang for the buck" possibility. Unless I am wrong, in Vectric's sales description as to why I might like Aspire is that it comes with thousands of 3d cliparts. Does this mean that I have access to all 3d cliparts available from Design and Make and they come with the program, or does it mean that I can just continue to purchase these cliparts like I do now. For example, I just purchased a hack (156) for $35. The upgrade to Aspire for me would be $1,645, which means that I could recoup that $1,645 easily if the 3d cliparts are included with the program (it would only take another 47 $35 purchases to make it a no brainer).

I hope that I have explained my thinking "more better". Thanks again.

Larry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The Pro version of VCarve and Desktop aren't that much different to each other. For most of the projects you would find on the forum you could load them into desktop and adjust them for material size if needed. The differences are primarily for people doing production based work on larger machines who need larger material sizes, nesting, gadget support etc.

Aspire doesn't include all the Design and Make clipart but it does come with quite a few of them. There is a link to the PDF clipart catalog on the Aspire product page on the main Vectric website.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Go to the Vectric main page and click on "Products". Scroll down to "Compare Products"

Here is a link:

https://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html
Steve

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Aspire does come with a fair amount of clip art, but probably not "thousands" of files and certainly not all the designs from Design & Make. However, in another sense you do have access to thousands of additional designs because:

1. You can cut the designs up and use pieces of them in your own designs, both the ones that come with Aspire and the ones you've already purchased.
2. You can modify the designs using the sculpting and distort tools
3. You can create totally new designs once you get the hang of the software (granted, this does require a modicum of artistic ability, but less than you might imagine).

Using Aspire's tools, I have created designs based on purchased clipart that you would never guess derived from the originals.

I bought Aspire out of the chute almost 10 years ago, and have never regretted it. It would be very limiting to try to go back, even to VCarve Pro at this point.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

By comparing what you want from the software with the differences there are between the three choices you seem to be looking at (VCarve Desktop, VCarve Pro, Aspire) you alone should be able to determine what is good for you.

I run VCarve Pro for two reasons:

1) our machine is 96"x48" so Desktop is out
2) our 3D files are modelled in Rhinoceros or Solidworks so Aspire's modelling capabilities are not needed