Transportation

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Transportation

Post by Stephen50 »

I'm arriving at Chicago O'Hare airport on 11 October 2018 at 2:00 pm to attend the 2018 Vectric User Group commencing on 12 October 2018. I'm staying at the Embassy Sweets Hotel and I'm inquiring if anyone has a point of contact for shuttle service from the airport to the hotel?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Transportation

Post by highpockets »

Uber
John
Maker of Chips

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You can also take the Blue Line from the airport, and either connect with the Red line, or take the #36 bus. ->Google Maps Link

But my wife and I will probably take Uber since we are getting in late at night.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

The transportation out of OHare is generally very good. Quite often at that time of day you can "taxi pool" with several other customers going downtown Chicago.

Another very popular method is to contact one of the "limo" services. Surprisingly, limos are often cheaper than a cab because they use a flat rate, no meter. What happens is that you make arrangements with one of them (I used to use Tiffany) and they will meet you downstairs. They wait in a lot just off the airport and you call them when you arrive or get your baggage and they will come in and get you.

I lived there for about ten years and can tell you that OHare is one of the easiest airports to get into and out of quickly.

To contact Tiffany:

103 W Orchard St, Itasca, IL 60143

(630) 467-1020
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I lived there for about ten years and can tell you that OHare is one of the easiest airports to get into and out of quickly.
I hate O'hare.
Maybe missing a flight there last month has something to do with that, though. :evil:
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

I would hate O'Hare, except for Atlanta, Philly and most on the west coast. I've gotten used to it as I fly thru there 6-8 times a month
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Post by TSM2018 »

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hot ... -info.html

Here is the link for the hotel's info on Transportation.

I'm planning to download the parking app to see if I can find something less then $46 per night , ouch... Except for the parking cost I haven't stayed downtown in Chicago for a while, so it will be nice to be back in the city.

Did the Vectric team negotiate a better parking rate? I attend a convention each year at the Chicago Marriott Hotel, and they always negotiate our parking rate, and there is a free shuttle service for those flying. Just some suggestions for the Vectric planning team for future events. If the Vectric team is looking for a future location; I love the Palmer House, downtown Chicago too, it is one of the treasured historic hotels in America and at the edge of the Magnificent Mile.

So much to see in the City, hopefully the weather is good and people can come in earlier or enjoy Saturday night in the City.

The Teaneck Marriott is really convenient for taking the bus into NYC for shopping, Broadway and Times Square - but a little far from the Airport though. This late in the year, though you run into football scheduling, and earlier in the summer, its wedding that cause the problems; a group of 300 is a sizeable group!