Version 9.5 problems

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Craig Thompson
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift 4x4

Version 9.5 problems

Post by Craig Thompson »

I downloaded 9.5 and have noticed some things different. Not sure if it downloaded correctly or not. After the download it asked me to migrate my tool database. I accepted to do so. It never uploaded my tools to 9.5. Thank god I had them backed up. Next, I noticed when you add text, it does not have an apply button, nor does it have an apply button on the text to curve feature. If you have downloaded 9.5 and have those options would you let me know, I may have to download the program again. I noticed when you type text into the Create Text, it automatically types to your project without an apply button. See attached.

On a second note, I was doing the Magic Coffee beans tutorial. I was going along with the instructions. I ran into a problem with waking up the nodes for the Snap options. I hovered and hovered with no luck so I worked around that and when I was doing the two rail sweep to clean up the boarder it would not allow me to "Add to all rail nodes" This was grayed out and not an option. I had all my settings the same as the tutorial. May be something going on with the download. I will attach a photo and the file if its not too big.

Thanks
Craig
Attachments
Capture.JPG
New.crv3d
(208.5 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Capture 2.JPG

Craig Thompson
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Version 9.5 problems

Post by Craig Thompson »

Here is the Magic beans file
Attachments
New.crv3d
(208.5 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The Apply button is no longer needed with text. This is mentioned at 28:23 in the What's New in Aspire 9.5 video.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Craig Thompson
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Craig Thompson »

I just watched that tutorial. I really like the updates with the text. I don't do any rotary but it looks good too. Do you have any idea why the "Add to all rail nodes" is greyed out in the magic beans sign.

btw - the write up you did on zero plane was awesome- thanks for sharing it with me.

Thanks
Craig

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey Craig!

With regards the the "add to all rail nodes" option not working that's because the two rails you are using have a different number of nodes and so that function wont work. Your outer rail looks as though you used the offset tool to create the vector which has created lots of nodes (See Offset Vector Image)
The original tutorial file was created without using offsets so that the two rails would have the same number of nodes, so that when we come to model the base of the magic beans sign we can do so using the two rail sweep tool with the "add to all rail nodes" option selected.

I hope this helps :)
Attachments
Offset Vector.PNG
Original Tutorial File.PNG
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

In the previous version of Aspire, on rotary projects, I had problem when importing text on models in the Y-Axis, the text would be mirrored. The 9.5 version cleared up the problem. Haven't got into it much, but so far I like how things have changed. Thanks.

Gary

Craig Thompson
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Craig Thompson »

I thought I had my setting the same as the female doing the tutorial, I guess I didn't. I will check it later today to see where I have the offset. Maybe that is why I couldn't wake the node up when adding the circle for the leaf. I really appreciate everyone's help. If your ever in Texas look me up. Thank you again.

PS. I like what I see in 9.5 also.

Craig