Post Processor Help

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
CodyMay
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna SmartShopII w/ATC

Post Processor Help

Post by CodyMay »

ok so... We use a Laguna Smartshop II at our shop, and until recently have never used the rotary attachment that came with it, till now. So we called Laguna and got a post processor from them to use to output our programs. Now I'm getting a cnc alarm saying:

call to unknown template
Block number 10
Line 11
Column Number 3

Anyone have any clue as to what this means would be very helpful. I think this is the block/line its referring to but I don't know what is wrong with it..

N10 G143 -5.000

I'm not sure what G143 means and I'm not sure if the - sign should be there. anyone have any thoughts?

Here is a snippet of the post processor code that I believe is causing the problem.

+---------------------------------------------------
+ Commands output at the start of the file
+---------------------------------------------------

begin HEADER

"[N] (Filename: [TP_FILENAME])"
"[N] (Machine: Laguna CNC Turner BR)"
"[N] G00 G17 G40 G90"
"[N] G70"
"[N] G54"
"[N] (Tool: [TOOLNAME])"
"[N] T[T] M06"
"[N] D[T]"
"[N] M03 [S]"
"[N] M08"
"[N] G143 -5.000"
"[N] G04 5"
"[N] G00 Y0.00"
"[N] G00 X0.00"

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Post Processor Help

Post by dealguy11 »

Just looked at the Smartshop II manual, and this isn't a defined code. The list for Laguna skips G142-143. On other machines, G143 has to do with either tool length or tool radius compensation.

Try commenting it out and see what happens.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

CodyMay

Post by CodyMay »

So I tried taking that code out. now when I try to run it it just does nothing. There is not an error code on the alarms page, but the g code monitor just reads 37:N999 M30. This happens when I try to run a simulation or when I try to run it. Still lost. I'll probably try to call Laguna again, but considering this came from them not sure how helpful that will be.

randyr
Model of CNC Machine: Speedline (Carl Bruce)

Post by randyr »

If they supplied it for their product, they should support it...and fix it if it doesn’t work.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello CodyMay,

Which control runs your machine?

Do you have the HHC control or the B&R control?

Have you tried the standard Laguna post processors that are included with the software?
Or have you been informed that you require the custom post processor that you have mentioned in order to be able to run an accessory of some description?

CodyMay

Post by CodyMay »

We have the B&R controller. The Post Processor that we normally us is not for rotary work. We did make a copy of that one and modified it to make it work (I use the term "work" loosely). This is my first time really manipulating the code itself so I have no idea what I'm doing. Ultimately we can get the parts cut but the speeds are all messed up. It goes way faster than it should for the rapid speeds and may do slow on the normal run speeds. because of this we asked Laguna specifically for a post for this purpose and that one our machine wont even try to use. Have not had a whole lot of time to continue troubleshooting because I have plenty of other orders that need to get done. Any other thoughts or advice would be appreciated. thanks.