Aspire v9.5 is here!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
avp
Model of CNC Machine: Home built 5x8

Re: Aspire v9.5 is here!

Post by avp »

I tried updating my PP with the changes for the helical are moves but the gcode is still a large file. Maybe I am missing something.
Bill

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

avp wrote:I tried updating my PP with the changes for the helical are moves but the gcode is still a large file. Maybe I am missing something.
Bill
Does the job have toolpaths that would benefit?

RhoTu
Vectric Craftsman

Post by RhoTu »

Haven't upgraded to 9.5 yet so want to know if there is a post processor that works with Mach4 yet (Mach4 uses one of the Fanuc standards and is different than Mach3) and whether you can specifiy the rotary drive as 'C' rather than X,Y,Z,A?

TIA

RT

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Any Mach3 code from Vectric software should run fine in Mach4. It's not much different, accept for some canned cycles, which Vectric doesn't use anyway.

You can easily modify the post to swap the C axis for the A axis.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

avp

Post by avp »

Yes, the job has spiral ramps which I use a lot.
Bill

avp

Post by avp »

I can see the new g-code in the file but it seems that the old code is still in the file.
Bill

rawand
Model of CNC Machine: Map LPZ1000

Post by rawand »

I am so happy to see this latest version!
http://www.soran.edu.iq

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

9.511 and so far I've only had one unexpected error where the drawing menu disappeared and couldn't be found until Aspire was closed and restarted. That and some odd behaviour in the pocket toolpath where Aspire changed my "t" variable from the .75" it should have been to 3.5", and kept insisting my bit wouldn't fit using the selected vectors and as such wouldn't not generate the toolpaths.

So far I can't get the above flaws to repeat, but Im gonna say it is always a little adventure to see what is "new" with each update. ;)

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

9.511 crashed on me again today. Same results.... the drawing panel completely disappeared. The keyboard shortcuts for the drawing/editing commands also stopped responding.

I'd love to tell you what I was doing in the software to make it crash but other than I had drawn a circle, used the offset tool, drawn another small circle and used the circular array tool, was trying to group the array of circles so I could then center it in another shape but then the software threw up an error and the drawing panel went blank.

4D

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

What version of Windows are you running?

Are you sending the crash dump files to Vectric Support?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

The machine I was using that Aspire crashed on is running Windows 7 I believe. I'll check to make sure when I'm at work tomorrow.
Aspire 9.511 also just crashed on me at home on my win10 machine. I'd just made the circular array of small circles when the error popped up.

The error is: Encountered an improper argument.
Aspire Crash 4D.jpg
Aspire doesn't completely crash, but rather throws up an error then makes the drawing menu disappear.
Closing the current file then starting a new one puts the drawing menu back. If I hit a keyboard shortcut (R, M, etc.) the close it the drawing menu returns. At work I couldn't get any keyboard shortcuts to respond when Aspire crashed there doing the same processes. I'm suspecting the crash happens when the circular array tool is closed.
No, I haven't sent anything to vectric about this flaw.

4D

StuC
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC

Post by StuC »

Hi 4DThinker,

Thanks for the reports, and you are correct that the improper argument error appears after closing the circular copy tool. This has already been fixed and will be included in the next patch. As you have found a workaround to get the drawing tab back is to use a shortcut key such as 'T' to open a form in the drawing tab and then close this, this should restore the tab in every case but an alternative would be to click the 'Switch To Design Commands' button on the toolpath tab which should do the same thing. This shouldn't have any effect on the results of the circular copy. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stu

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: pilot pro 2642

Post by sebashtionh »

Question Hope this is in the correct place.
i am running 8.5 if I upgrade to the now 9.5 do i get the half point upgrade to 10 for free when released like i did with 8 to 8.5?

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

No.
You get the .0 to .5, but not the .5 to .0
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

This was copied from the Vectric store webpage.

If you purchase any new product, you are entitled to receive updates free of charge for a period of 12 months.

If you upgrade from a previous version, you are entitled to receive updates free of charge for a period of 3 months.

If you upgrade from version 8 to version 9 you will have a 3 month grace period. Interim versions are always free.
Steve